There is an ongoing problem with this forum (admins please read)

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by triptych, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triptych

triptych Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Conversations that aren't about the Motorola A855 are rampantly clogging up the "Droid" section. Renaming the section to "Droid 1" would certainly solve this problem.

Sent from my Droid using my thumbs.

2. Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer Active Member

Ratings:
    +70
    Not really. If you look on the first page, it CLEARLY says "Droid Discussions - 24/7 Droid Talk! (Covering all Droid Phones)".

So no it's not just for discussions on the Droid 1.

3. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    lol, its not that big of a deal... most of them are generic problems anyway meaning that they are mostly aimed at android in general. When someone post a very specific question concerning a different phone then a mod usually moves it to right place.

4. triptych

triptych Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Then there should be a separate Droid 1 forum, right?
    I mean this is a large corporate-sponsored forum; they have the means to improve usability.

And actually, it could be a big deal. Someone has posted a Droid 2 hack in the "general" Droid Hacking section. If the hack is used by an A855 owner or a Droid X owner the best case scenerio is it doesn't work properly. The worst case being a shiny new brick.

Sent from my Droid using my thumbs

5. Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer Active Member

Ratings:
    +70
    No I agree with you. Maybe there should be a Droid 1 only general section. Though I think most users who do have a specific hack towards a phone will usually put the name of the phone in the title, and like the other poster said, mods usually move those to their respective forum if it seems geared towards only people with that phone.

6. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    In my opinion , i think it is very hard to brick the D1. i know you said worst case but lol, even if someone did load the wrong software it could just be re flashed... Drama to the queen i guess. And again, if mods see that another phone is posted in wrong section they move it. Their really arn't that many D2 hacks in the droid hacks section. If their are what you should do is report it to the mod... their is a button on the very bottom left of post that is used to report. I use this forum constantly and rarely see the posts stay long before mods move them.

7. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,787
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    I could be wrong, but I am not aware of any corporate sponsorship. As far as the complain of the OP. People post the wrong things in the wrong sections anyways. The D1 is the main phone, but all Droids are covered here and the Dinc, DX and D2 have their own sections clearly labeled. It is still up to the poster to post in the proper section and in the end the reader to read before they act. I do not see a seperate D1 section openeing up. The staff here does our best to keep things in the correct place, and this is where you guys reporting posts is very helpful, but we are only people.

As far as hacks in the wrong sections. I haven't seen much, but they are clearly marked for what phone they are for anyways. If someone doesn't bother to read what phone its for that is no fault of the staff.

Sent from somewhere...

8. triptych

triptych Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I figured that's what the "supporting vendors" section on the main forum page was about. That along with the ad space on this site. With all the traffic on these forums I guarantee they are more than covering the cost of the servers and non-volunteer staff. (Not that I have anything against that.)

9. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,787
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    That's hardly "corporate" sponsorship. If there's some non-volunteer staff I'd love to meet them. But this is neither here or there.
    Anyways.....back on topic.

Sent from somewhere...

10. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    This area is the Droid General Discussion area, meaning we have discussions in general about Droids. We can cross platform on this but if a post is to a specific model it would be moved, with the exception of the Original Droid.

The Motorola Droid has it's own section in another area of the Forum. Howeever this part of the Forum has always been primarily for the D1.

When the Forum first started there was primarily only the Mototrola Droid so that's what this area continues to concentrate on. Discussions of other Droid phones should be made in the proper area. If a post is incorrectly posted here there is always a redirect link that is left on the page.

If you see a post that you feel is in the wrong area, report it and we will review the post and see if it needs to be moved.

11. fluidj

fluidj Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go back to OKP...

lol..what up trip!

12. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +17
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.