There is an Angry Ghost in My Razr! Please Help if You Can

Chaka

Reaction score
Actually, I don't believe in ghosts, but this is the strangest thing I've ever experienced.

I've had a Razr for about three weeks or so. I use it mostly for phone, texting, a few apps and a few games. I have a weekday morning alarm set that works fine.

I have never loaded any music onto the phone. I have never listened to any music on it. I've never watched a movie or any kind of video on the phone.

Three days ago the phone started randomly and spontaneously playing very loud instrumental music. The volume cannot be adjusted while this music is on. The music goes for about 30 seconds, stops for 5 seconds, plays again for 30 seconds, stops for 5 seconds. Occasionally it will stop this process for a few hours on its own. Other times, like at 3:00 in the morning when I have to get up for work the next day :mad:, I have to turn the phone OFF to get it to stop. (Which then I run the risk of oversleeping.)

This spontaneous outburst of music that I have ZERO control of is annoying and quite disruptive. I am all my fingers and toes hoping that one of you will have some insight.

Thank you, very much.

Last edited:

eagle923

Reaction score
Probably the fastest thing to try is a factory reset. If that doesn't work...

I'd recommend dipping it in holy water three times, then setting it on fire at an altar!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
First things first.... do you like the song??? Lmao.. just kidding. Have you checked in the sounds or notifications area, to see if you can find the song or ringtone? If you have and don't find it, I would say it would probably be best to do a factory reset, because obviously the music track is somewhere on your phone, and playing for some reason. A factory reset would give you a clean start, and at least one descent nights sleep.

There are other ways, power the phone down and then, press the power button again to power the phone back on but when you see the red M, hold down both of the volume buttons, keep holding them down until you feel a short and long vibration from the phone, and you will see "safe mode" on the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Run the phone like this for a few hours to see if the song plays itself. If it doesn't, then its an app.

To get the phone out of safe mode, power down and power up.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Probably the fastest thing to try is a factory reset. If that doesn't work...

I'd recommend dipping it in holy water three times, then setting it on fire at an altar!

Roflmfao, has it puked green slime or done unholy things with a crucifix??? Sorry, I couldn't resist

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

C2Cab95

Reaction score
I agree in using Holy Water while shouting "the power of Christ compels you!"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
C

Chaka

Reaction score
Thank you.

Will a factory reset wipe out everything to where it was when I bought it? That would suck.

C2Cab95

Reaction score
Yes, it will wipe the phone back to "out of the box" settings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mcsoul

Reaction score
I have a feeling there is a logical explanation, the trick is finding it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have a feeling there is a logical explanation, the trick is finding it.

Of course there is, whether or not its an explanation we'll be able to get to the bottom of it is entirely another question.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

mcsoul

Reaction score
Of course there is, whether or not its an explanation we'll be able to get to the bottom of it is entirely another question.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

He should go to a verizon store and ask to talk to their geekiest employee.
Ask that guy or gal to look at all his apps, alarms, smart actions, calendars and contact profiles.

OP
C

Chaka

Reaction score
I kept doing some surfing and found a thread where folks were talking about this and it being the result of Facebook notifications. Based on that, I went online and changed my notifications to "None" and so far it has not happened again. :D

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I kept doing some surfing and found a thread where folks were talking about this and it being the result of Facebook notifications. Based on that, I went online and changed my notifications to "None" and so far it has not happened again. :D

It wouldn't surprise me. Facebook causes some surprising issues.... for such a big corporation, their app is poorly made. I deleted the fb app, I just use my browser to access it.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!