There HAS GOT to be a better way to convert Itunes videos.....!

zinny0753

Reaction score
I am using Tunebite but you have to play the video AND NOT USE THE COMPUTER as it records what is on your screen. Not very efficient. Is there a better way??

Thanks for the help.

Will

Droidster163

Reaction score
So are you trying to take your videos from itunes and put them on the droid? My videos from itunes worked perfectly on the droid. I just dragged them onto the media folder on the droid.
Sorry if that's not what you meant, just trying to help.

OP
Z

zinny0753

Reaction score
So are you trying to take your videos from itunes and put them on the droid? My videos from itunes worked perfectly on the droid. I just dragged them onto the media folder on the droid.
Sorry if that's not what you meant, just trying to help.

No, that is EXACTLY what I mean? Whenever I drag them there they say unplayable? Are you running a certain video player on the droid?

Thanks

Droidster163

Reaction score
I think in order for your videos to play in itunes they need to be mpeg-4. So if they work in itunes they should work on the droid. Drag the video files from your computer to the media folder on the droid. And then they should show up in the gallery app under videos. I am using the stock video player on the droid.
Hope this works.

JamesX

Reaction score
DROID does not play locked videos from iTunes. You have to un-lock it by re-encode it. AFAIK there is no other way.

To play iTune videos that arn't locked, just drag it over and DROID will play it fine.

OP
Z

zinny0753

Reaction score
DROID does not play locked videos from. iTunes. You have to un-lock it by re-encode it. AFAIK there is no other way.

To play iTune videos that arn't locked, just drag it over and DROID will play it fine.

Can you explain AFAIK? I do not know what that is....

Thanks.

lumpysherman

Reaction score
I've never purchased through itunes but convert from .avi to mp4 then move them to the droid or ipod. As far as unlocking them I wouldn't know how to do that. I'm sure there's an "app" for that. Would that app work for locked mp3's as well?

Tegamal

Reaction score
I use a video converter called Any DVD Converter (Any DVD Converter - DVD Ripper, DVD Converter, Video Converter) for all my video conversions. It even has a drop-down menu that auto-formats for specific devices (Droid isn't on the list for the version I have, but it does list mpeg-4 as an option.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: I just upgraded to the newest version 4.0.1 & it DOES include an option for Google Android.

Last edited:

laterr

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get Digital Copy movies to play on the Droid? Not trying to thread jack but it's semi-related and I can't find any software that does this.

OP
Z

zinny0753

Reaction score
I use a video converter called Any DVD Converter (Any DVD Converter - DVD Ripper, DVD Converter, Video Converter) for all my video conversions. It even has a drop-down menu that auto-formats for specific devices (Droid isn't on the list for the version I have, but it does list mpeg-4 as an option.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: I just upgraded to the newest version 4.0.1 & it DOES include an option for Google Android.

Any DVD Converter WILL NOT convert protected files.

haxmya

Reaction score
Tunebite (which costs $) will convert those dvd copys to the format of your choosing, thus removing the annoying limitations on them. However, as the previous poster mentioned, it needs to actually play the entire file on your computer to do so. i.e. it opens up the dark knight and plays the entire thing capturing the screen/audio and not allowing you to use your computer or risk messing it up.

That said, it can also convert the ones without copy protection without doing that. I converted my .wmv files to .mp4 and they play on the droid fine. I hate having to convert files though...wish it just played .wmv files :(

Tunebite can also capture video and audio from sites like youtube. It's a very good program, but costs a bit.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am using Tunebite but you have to play the video AND NOT USE THE COMPUTER as it records what is on your screen. Not very efficient. Is there a better way??
Not if you're trying to re-encode videos with DRM.