Theory! Greg! Pete! P3! where are youu!

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Roms' started by chris420o, Nov 26, 2011.

1. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    To be honest I am curious to see what the next Nexus is all about. I think the Gnex is great....but I love my Razr and am not convinced that the Gnex will be able to pull me. If it was a Moto Nexus it would be in the bag.

2. Big Ry

Big Ry Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Wow the jealousy and envy its unbearable in here. I can't even breathe!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

3. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    This....

So many bashing the GNex and then saying "but I'm not bashing it". Or the "I don't need to justify my choice" but let me tell you about the Razr....

Both are excellent phones. I, coming from a D1, set my priorities on a phone that would have excellent dev support and unlocked boot loaders. Those that went with the Razr didn't have my same priorities.

Enough of the trolling (from both sides). Enjoy the decision you made. 2 years from now, both will be blown away by newer models. So leave the hate please. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

#39 syndicate0017, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  4. GTX1

GTX1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Heres my responses:

1. My GNex's camera absolutely destroys my old Droid X, and looked great compared to a family members iPhone 4S. Not quite as good as the 4S, but it's right there.

2. Lag? Where....? Who says there is lag? Seriously? This phone is just as smooth as any other on the market. I have mine clocked down to 1100 mHz and it's still smooth as butter. I get around 20-23 hours of battery life. It isn't the brand gorilla glass (the screen), but it's still reinforced glass by another company.

3. Specs? GNex: 4460 TiOMAP Razr: 4430 TiOMAP Build quality? The Nexus is a 3 piece phone: Chassis(metal), frame(metal), glass, LCD, and digitizer are all one piece. The backplate and battery cover are the other 2. The only plastic on the phone is the outside frame, battery cover, and cover for the chipset. It has NFC, which turns out is great because you get a free 10 bucks.

4. ICS is amazing. The ability to load up the exact image of your last used application, click it, and have it load without any lag right where you left off is crazy awesome. ICS will never look good on the Razr or the Rezound or any phone for that matter. ICS needs to be on a flat color slate, no buttons. Android 4.0 is unlike iOS in so many ways, yet different from Android 2.3 in a lot of ways as well. Sometimes I just play around with the animations in the launcher just to see how futuristic it is.

5.Your Razr is a great phone, and I think it's sad that developers aren't here because of that. You purchased the wrong phone if you liked rooting and hacking. If you wanted a thin phone that has the classic DROID look with some pretty high end technology, then the Razr is for you. If you want a phone that's on the bleeding edge with a decent camera and a deep developing community, than the Nexus is for you.

PS: My Droid X was my favorite phone ever, even more than my OG Droid. But now that I have my Nexus, I can tell you that it's nice to have a phone that doesn't bend. My X would twist and creak and bend all the time, but now with my supposed "****ty Samsung built phone" it's going to be worse... but this phone is a rock. The sturdiest phone I've ever had in my life.

PPS: Don't try and say the Nexus is outdated compared to the Razr in specs wise. It has a newer generation processor, higher DPI and resolution and larger screen than the Razr. It has NFC. Removable battery. Fastboot, unlocked bootloader, and direct Google updates. It does not have an SD card, other than that it's even.

5. lfylove

lfylove Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I love my nexus my dad has razr he really likes it. I want to root and rom just like I did on my og droid so if there is no more unlocked phones I guess I'll be keeping this phone forevvveeeerrrrrrrrr

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

6. droid2drummer

droid2drummer Silver Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Well the nexus has a ton of roms already. Of course..lol I'm getting one as well here in the next month. I like to have all of the latest when i can. And yeah the razr is pretty nice! Just need some roms! Lol

Motorola Droid Razr™
    Peace!

Search tags for this page

droid theory

motorola droid razr theory rom
redremix