Theory! Greg! Pete! P3! where are youu!

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Roms' started by chris420o, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge Member

Ratings:
    +3
    The problem with the nexus Google is that its a Samsung. Cheap plastic construction and not likely to.have the radio quality or build quality of the Razr...I'm not saying I don't care but at the point were at I don't need a new kernel so the bootloader being locked isn't an end all...just like a cleaned up rom with bloat removed and the ability to run some nice themes and the Sbf files would be nice ...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

2. Thach

Thach Member

Ratings:
    +7
    My thoughts exactly. To me,the SBF files are the most important thing I would like to see next.

3. bogginblazer

bogginblazer Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Why cant we sbf with dx2 gb?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

4. Dr01_D

Dr01_D New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. i trust motorola they have been doing telecommunications since day one. plus the razr looks so sick. i cant wait til my upgrade so i can go get one.dancedroid

5. Jungle King 76

Ratings:
    +14
    Droidth3ory had pictures of a RAZR that he had successfully flashed ICS. So, what was that someone said about the RAZR being the wrong choice? LMAO

6. winner00

winner00 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +10
    Yea theres ICS but it will probably never become fully working like it would probably be if it had a unlocked bootloader. Kernels make a difference.

7. Icharus1

Icharus1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been reading on testers blogs that the new Nexus has a TERRIBLE camera. HORRIBLE lag on screen animations such as landscape to regular. Poor build quality that feels pretty cheap to the hand as it's all plastic. Non gorilla glass plus much much more.

You may be picking the better phone to root. At least I (we) picked one with better specs and one that has better build quality. And I don't even want to hear about your pretty true HD display. Talk to me about it when your car keys crack the thing in your pocket.

To be honest. ICS isn't all that great anyways.

Another honest opinion from a RAZR user. I had my OG Droid since day 1. I was proud to have a fully unlocked phone to root and such. Then I got the RAZR. I see no reason what so ever to root. It's BLAZING fast. "Blur" works well and actually looks good for once. I'm happy to stay stock this time.

Another thing that bugs me.. We are Android. Take all your negative bashing towards a nice phone and aim it at Apple or something. Bias as that may sound as I trashed the Nexus. I'm just throwing counter points to your otherwise moot argument.

8. bogginblazer

bogginblazer Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Lol. I love this post. Ever one was saying how the nexus with oooo soo good ics was going to blow every one away. And how its 5 mp camera was good cuz of fast shutter timel. Lol 5 my dx has an 8 how old is the dx now "not to bash dx owners" but really that phone is in the same world as all other Samsung in my opinion junk.

9. Dr01_D

Dr01_D New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I completely agree. Gnex will be completely irrelevant 2 years from now. And the OG is still awesome IMO. Motorola has always had solid build quailty and they continue to prove it. Time always tells.

clicked from my OG droid

10. c.r.ayala

c.r.ayala Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I never understood the whole "build quality on the nexus sucks" claims. it feels like a phone. a great one at that! i dont think it has poor build quality at all. i (rented) the razr while i was waiting for the gnex to come out since my OG droid sadly gave out, R.I.P droid, and both phones are good but to me the nexus was simply the better choice. feels better in my hand, contoured design seems to mold to my pockets and not feel bulky, blazing fast, and the camera is perfectly fine in my opinion! im not a professional photographer, the photos i do take come out great, crisp, and clean and thats all i require of it.
    loving the development for this gnex already! within the first few days of having it a rom was released, now within the rom thread theres about 5 roms to choice from! im not all that great at being patient so having the same variety in ROM selection as the OG droid is awesome in my opinion!
    I do hope the RAZR gets dev support as all android devices do! i also dont like the bashing of phones so im just stating why i made my choice in picking the Gnex over the RAZR :)

11. Jungle King 76

Ratings:
    +14
    It really is just a matter of preference. To some GNex is great but to others it just isn't there. I personally tried it out and it just felt cheap and had lag. I wad not impressed at all and absolutely love the RAZR. For me, even though I would love some options for ROMS, I would rather have a stock RAZR than a rooted GNex.

But that is just me and that is why we have options.

12. Stik

Stik New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used to troll the Gnex faithful until I realised that they really troll themselves. It's funny in a way to see them all trying to justify their purchase of the GNex. In my eyes, if you have a great device it needs no justification. I myself have not once tried to justify my purchase of the Razr as I believe it speaks for itself. You take top of the line hardware, stuff it into a plastic bag, throw in a pair of ICS goggles and Voila!!!! The geek world is in love... Until CES that is :)

Search tags for this page

droid theory

motorola droid razr theory rom
redremix