1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Theming] issues theming icons and widgets

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Squadalah_man, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man New Member

mountain view, callifornia (home of google and the
    Hi, I'm using the shadowrom drop theme port and it is great, my problem is that for the life of me I cannot get the icons and widgets to theme. I don't know what to name the apps after I move them to the system (a2sd froyo shadow permisions to move all apps), reboot, rename, reboot, reboot recovery, theme install, no wipe, reboot. For instance I wanted to theme pandora widget so I moved it to the system and named it Pandora.apk now you see I followed everything corectly and I still can't get thos widgets to theme. I also know that different Theme makers use different names for theming stuff. My theme is a port and I don't know if that means anything but still there needs to be organization in theming (as contradictory as that sounds)

It should be like:

app/ orginal apk name/ version/ new app name

Pandora Internet Radio/ com.android.pandora.apk/ X.X/ pandora.apk

Frankly I think all Pandora themes should be called pandora.apk and the same naming standard for all other themed apps/ icons/ widgets. It would save a whole lot of grief. Also, there should be a sticky on applying themes to apps and how to correctly put them in the system, patch them, yada yada. I can't belive there is no sticky for that on here. Themers need to get down to a standard format so it will be easier to port themes and share stuff.

Well I hope I can get my question answered, thanx in advance

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App