[Theming] issues theming icons and widgets

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Squadalah_man, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man Member

mountain view, callifornia (home of google and the
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I'm using the shadowrom drop theme port and it is great, my problem is that for the life of me I cannot get the icons and widgets to theme. I don't know what to name the apps after I move them to the system (a2sd froyo shadow permisions to move all apps), reboot, rename, reboot, reboot recovery, theme install, no wipe, reboot. For instance I wanted to theme pandora widget so I moved it to the system and named it Pandora.apk now you see I followed everything corectly and I still can't get thos widgets to theme. I also know that different Theme makers use different names for theming stuff. My theme is a port and I don't know if that means anything but still there needs to be organization in theming (as contradictory as that sounds)

It should be like:

app/ orginal apk name/ version/ new app name

Pandora Internet Radio/ com.android.pandora.apk/ X.X/ pandora.apk

Frankly I think all Pandora themes should be called pandora.apk and the same naming standard for all other themed apps/ icons/ widgets. It would save a whole lot of grief. Also, there should be a sticky on applying themes to apps and how to correctly put them in the system, patch them, yada yada. I can't belive there is no sticky for that on here. Themers need to get down to a standard format so it will be easier to port themes and share stuff.

Well I hope I can get my question answered, thanx in advance

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App