Theming issue: remnants from other themes leftover...

breachless

Reaction score
Hello, I am certain this is probably a simple issue with a simple resolution, however, after searching, I have been unable to locate an answer. I apologize if I just missed it, but thanks in advance for tolerating my more-than-likely stupid question.

For some reason, I can never leave well-enough alone, so last night I decided to try out all the themes and see if something caught my eye. The problem I noticed is that some of these themes leave remnants of themselves after installing another theme. I was rocking the plain old Gingerbread theme, and after re-installing that theme, the clock on the lockscreen is some generic looking font, and my Facebook app for example still has the Orangeslice theme to it...

Is there a way to clear all of these?

FYI, I am on Liberty 1.5

*Edit, I also forgot to mention that since I did this last night, my buttons across the bottom (home, back, settings, and search) refuse to light up at random.

Last edited:

miketoasty

Reaction score
Hello, I am certain this is probably a simple issue with a simple resolution, however, after searching, I have been unable to locate an answer. I apologize if I just missed it, but thanks in advance for tolerating my more-than-likely stupid question.

For some reason, I can never leave well-enough alone, so last night I decided to try out all the themes and see if something caught my eye. The problem I noticed is that some of these themes leave remnants of themselves after installing another theme. I was rocking the plain old Gingerbread theme, and after re-installing that theme, the clock on the lockscreen is some generic looking font, and my Facebook app for example still has the Orangeslice theme to it...

Is there a way to clear all of these?

FYI, I am on Liberty 1.5

*Edit, I also forgot to mention that since I did this last night, my buttons across the bottom (home, back, settings, and search) refuse to light up at random.

Flash the original Liberty 1.5.zip file. When you do you don't need to wipe anything and it will revert your phone back to stock Liberty 1.5. (Anything in your system folder will be deleted, just an FYI). Thats the only true way to get back to where you started. Or you could make a backup but this process should be much quicker.

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
After restoring a backup and trying out a new theme, bits and pieces will be missing. You'll need to re-flash.