Theming Guide for changing system text settings.

Tone Capone

Reaction score
strings.xml in framework-res.apk

That's where I had looked. I saw a bunch of lockscreen and keyguard stuff, but nothing that looks like unlock type text. I just figured I was looking in the wrong place, so that is why I asked again.

What makes it difficult is that there is no text on my current ROM (nor on the Stock ROM) when the screen unlocks...making it difficult to search for specific words.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
When you wake up your phone and you see the lockscreen, those sliders are images in framework. When the phone rings and you see sliders, they are images in phone.apk

The text shows up as you are sliding the images. Go to your lockscreen and slide it to unlock it, as you slide watch as the word "unlock" appears. That text can be changed in framework also, it is in the strings.xml.

If you are talking about the words like "unlock" that are on the lockscreen as soon as you wake your phone, they are just the images that people have edited...

Tone Capone

Reaction score
My lockscreen does not say anything when I unlock...and I don't remember it doing it when I was stock either (but I could be wrong). That is why I am having so much trouble finding it. I'll have to find a theme that has the "unlock" text and put that same line in my strings.xml.

Yeah, I knew that those other "lock>" and "<unlock" things are actually .png's. Thanks though.

Tone Capone

Reaction score
Ok guys thanks for being patient with me...I found a theme with it in the xml and copied it to my strings.xml.

Edit: Still having a problem...the text is in the strings.xml file, but it still does not show up when I unlock...I don't know what else to do.

Last edited:
OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Look in colors.xml or drawables.xml. The color code my have been changed to trans 00000000.

GregTard

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
I see you were looking change the text color of the carrier on the lockscreen but did not see where you found it, just didn't say anything else about it. Did you find where to change this?

I have set the textColor attribute in all of the keyguard xml files in layout, the style it uses is set to the color I want, I have checked eri.xml but no colors are there, and have searched the framework looking for references. I can't find anywhere that will change the color. It should be set from the changes I have made, but nothing seems to change it.

I can change every color on the lockscreen except this one. It is driving me nuts. If anyone knows where to set this, please let me know. It doesn't work anywhere it should be, it stays white always.

Tone Capone

Reaction score
I see you were looking change the text color of the carrier on the lockscreen but did not see where you found it

I was never able to figure it out, and no one offered a solution that worked for me. I did the same thing you did to no avail - it always stayed white. If you find out how it's done, please post back. I will do the same.

The people on this forum are really knowledgeable...someone must know how to accomplish it.

jatx2wne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
are these done with xml or colorChangerv3?

Xmls....if your using ginger bread then its in styles xml froyo had status bar xmls in the lay out folder of frame work
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk