Theming Guide for changing system text settings.

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
Do you have a folder with the apk manager folder system that says "out"? The decompiled .apk goes to that folder. It has nothing to do with the prompt window after that.
all i have are the folders that the script made, place apk here for modding/resigning/batch, theres an other folder that contains tools like 7za, apktool...etc. no out anywhere, it doesnt seem to decompile the framework-res.apk that i placed in the "place app here for modding folder

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do you have a folder with the apk manager folder system that says "out"? The decompiled .apk goes to that folder. It has nothing to do with the prompt window after that.
all i have are the folders that the script made, place apk here for modding/resigning/batch, theres an other folder that contains tools like 7za, apktool...etc. no out anywhere, it doesnt seem to decompile the framework-res.apk that i placed in the "place app here for modding folder

I have no clue on that then since I use windows. Wish I could help

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score

I have no clue on that then since I use windows. Wish I could help
its ok,im currently reading threw the 29 pages of the apk manager thread,lol it would prolly be easier if i just reboot into windows 7 lol but im trying to get everything switched over to my ubuntu setup

stratt

Reaction score
snap20100731_191317.png

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
lol, so i tried to sudo .script.sh and now i get a message about adb not in my path, im just going to give up and boot into windows,i know everything works in it, adb work on my ubuntu setup cause if i type adb shell,it shells in

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The error about adb, is that in the command window of apk manager? I ask cause I get an error in that all the time and it still works fine.

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
The error about adb, is that in the command window of apk manager? I ask cause I get an error in that all the time and it still works fine.
exactly, i noticed on the xda site with the apk manager download,that the version betwwen linux and windows is different,anyway im in windows and it seems to work,i pulled the framework-res.apk out of the rom/theme im running,decompiled it and opened up keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.xml. i did a search for 08 00 00 1C and it finds nothing,i downloaded your example you provided and is currently compareing, yours differes by alot from the one im working with.

i understand that you added the color string codes so we dont have to do the whole process but if i use the ones you provided and place in my framework-res.apk after i change everything, wouldnt it mess up my apk that came with the rom,as i can add the music controls on my lockscreen and the xml you provided might not have those codes in it, sorry for my noob uestions or whatever.

Last edited:

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Im getting a list together everything that I have found and works well! so Bowers can add to the first post. I have found some cool stuff! should have a nice list for you tomorrow!

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
exactly, i noticed on the xda site with the apk manager download,that the version betwwen linux and windows is different,anyway im in windows and it seems to work,i pulled the framework-res.apk out of the rom/theme im running,decompiled it and opened up keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.xml. i did a search for 08 00 00 1C and it finds nothing,i downloaded your example you provided and is currently compareing, yours differes by alot from the one im working with.

i understand that you added the color string codes so we dont have to do the whole process but if i use the ones you provided and place in my framework-res.apk after i change everything, wouldnt it mess up my apk that came with the rom,as i can add the music controls on my lockscreen and the xml you provided might not have those codes in it, sorry for my noob uestions or whatever.

The search for 08 00 00 1c only works if there are color codes already in there. Hence that is why I added them. Those two xml file are just for the clock, date, charging and alarm text settings. They should be the same rom wide (as I don't see why anyone would change those xml's from source)

As for this music from the lockscreen. What rom are you running?

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As for bgills pics. Yes you can add color to just about anywhere. That is the beauty of apk manager decompiling the xmls and letting you manual edit them and the compile back to binary. You can have a custom color text rom wide. Now that I let the cat out of the bag who is going to get it out first! I knew I should have kept my mouth shut:cus:

stratt

Reaction score
As for bgills pics. Yes you can add color to just about anywhere. That is the beauty of apk manager decompiling the xmls and letting you manual edit them and the compile back to binary. You can have a custom color text rom wide. Now that I let the cat out of the bag who is going to get it out first! I knew I should have kept my mouth shut:cus:

LOL> I am glad u let the cat out of the bag!

stratt

Reaction score
Decompiled Music.apk....text color changes for music widgets are located in....

rs/layout-finger in the following files...

album_appwidget2x2
album_appwidget4x1
album_appwidget4x2
album_appwidget4x3
album_appwidget4x4
audio_player

pic below of changes....

snap20100731_215444.png

Xml's that control the regualr music app are....

buttonbar
confirm_delete
music_library
nowplaying
streamstarter
track_list_item_common
weekpicker

pic below....
snap20100801_094425.png

Thanks Bowers ;)

We need to have a common place for people to place their findings.

Last edited:
OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Added a little more to the OP post about button text and the menu text. Basically how to do a custom color instead of the the defined ones in the color.xml file. I will take a break from this thread to get back to the theme I am currently working on.