Theming 101

Es0ter1c

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a stickied post that outlines the basics on theming vs. ROMs? I mean, once you have modded, say to the DarkSlide 4.1 Blurry like I have, what does a guy need to know before he starts trying out different themes? How do you switch themes? What kinds of things do you need to look for when determining whether or not a certain theme will work with your ROM? etc...

If there's a sticky somewhere else that outlines it, I'd love a link!

Thanks!

-Es0 dancedroid

XDRDX

Reaction score
Google for "The_Ultimate_Android_Themeing_Guide.pdf", without the quotes, this is a pretty full guide but it is really time consuming.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
E

Es0ter1c

Reaction score
Cool info if I ever decide to make my own. I was just wondering if there are basic rules to follow so I don't have to post a thread every time saying what ROM I am using and what theme I want to install, to find out if its compatible etc. I guess I can just bug you guys in here. So if I wanted to install the tron theme on DS 4.1 Blurry, where should I grab it and what do I have to do to 'install' it? I have ADW/Launcher Pro installed also... don't know if they matter though.

XDRDX

Reaction score
I would recommend you not try doing it unless the rom dev posts that out is compatible. The reason being is the files that theme the rom also contain configurations that are unique to that rom. Usually installing a theme on top of a custom rom that theme is not designed for will cause force closures and could even result in the device no longer booting.

You need to post in the devs forum and see if that theme is compatible with the rom you are wanting to install it on.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk