Themes

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
ok i did the 928 theme but i noticed this morning that the alarm clock does not work...i noticed that it didnt show up in the notification bar last night but thought it would still work but nope it didnt go off this morning luckily I got up though

pkbest

Reaction score
ok i did the 928 theme but i noticed this morning that the alarm clock does not work...i noticed that it didnt show up in the notification bar last night but thought it would still work but nope it didnt go off this morning luckily I got up though
Mine did same thing! Lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pkbest

Reaction score
I'll try that...I'm using your ported big dx red theme..overclocked to 1.2 and installed lock bar you created. Working great bro. You working on themes now that rom has released? I'm still working on a few for your rom...having problems with apk tool and apkbuilder...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pkbest

Reaction score
Make sure your using clean untouched apks or you will get errors.

I'm just trying to repack the framework-res.apk... i changed out images. I know I have to digitally sign it but I know how to do that part. Problem is getting it to package. Would be so much better if they had a GUI application that packaged APK's. Pkbest is not a fan of terminal lol.

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok if that is your block don't touch it using 7zip move drawable-hdpi or whatever file to desktop, change your images, move it back to the apk.if it is a system app you can retain the original signature, no need to resign.

pkbest

Reaction score
Ok if that is your block don't touch it using 7zip move drawable-hdpi or whatever file to desktop, change your images, move it back to the apk.if it is a system app you can retain the original signature, no need to resign.

Not sure how to move drawable-hdpi out of the apk to my desktop without extracting the.apk for framework-res :S

I'm doing some research trying to find threads on customizing themes and stuff. There has got to be some documentation out there.

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Right click go to 7zip open achive then drag to desktop when your done drag it back in.

pkbest

Reaction score
Right click go to 7zip open achive then drag to desktop when your done drag it back in.

0_o I wish I could have known you could do that. This has been holding me back for days LOL. Also, downloading APK Manager 4.9 when I get home. It works for this kind of stuff...right?
Also, should I be able to port themes easily this way.. by easily I mean, port their icon packs and other images used in the framework? Using another Droid 2 known working theme as a base?

I hate bugging you as I feel I've been kinda a bother with learning to dev. so I appologize now.. Once I get this theme I'm trying to create done. I will post a thread letting you know and also I will be looking for testers. Preferably ppl who are able to SBF their phone in worst case scenario. lol

Thanks for the help Squidly

Last edited:

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If I didn't want to be bothered I wouldn't answer I don't mind the only time you will need apkmanager is to compile/decompile like changing xmls. If your only interested in changing images your not there yet.

pkbest

Reaction score
If I didn't want to be bothered I wouldn't answer I don't mind the only time you will need apkmanager is to compile/decompile like changing xmls. If your only interested in changing images your not there yet.

ah.. well I want to first create new images, then maybe learn to port themes. However, one thing I have never understood is why porting themes requires owning both phones. At least that is what I have read. Much appreciated squidly..

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You don't need to own both phones I only own a D2 that's why that's the only rom I have out I can't fix things without the ability to test porting is easy its just moving images for the most part then signing and zipaligning when necessary.

pkbest

Reaction score
You don't need to own both phones I only own a D2 that's why that's the only rom I have out I can't fix things without the ability to test porting is easy its just moving images for the most part then signing and zipaligning when necessary.

Cool.. well i might need help knowing when to zipalign "when necessary" lol I understand the reason behind zipalign, just not when as far as porting I guess.

Also, the new customized homeblur.apk is finished. Going to flash my phone and pray it works. If it does. I will take pictures and post a thread and see who's interested and take inputs on it.