1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

themes

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by greek175, Oct 23, 2010.

1. greek175

greek175 New Member

is there a video or step by step on how i could customize everything on my phone? i saw some things for meta morph but dont want to try it and risk anything before i kind of know what im doing. and a step by step or video would be good. thanks
  2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Personally I would say start at the beginning, ask questions and read a lot of forums posts. Unfortunately theming the Droid is not as easy as changing a few images and tossing them om your phone. You'll want to learn ADB commands, update files, 9patch image compiling, xml editing, and so on. Start somewhere and search around when you hit a wall...
  3. greek175

greek175 New Member

Is there like a "gene pool" where I could pick which things I want then put them on the phone? If not one should be made for noobs like myself
  4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

The most common method is to install one of the custom themes listed in the Themes section of this forum. You will have to root and install a custom rom, but then you can change almost everything.

I have lately been selecting the theme that I like and then selecting a rom that will accept that theme.

If you just want to change some Icons, you can use Folder Organizer to do that.