1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Themes

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by bigdaddy915, Aug 4, 2010.

1. bigdaddy915

bigdaddy915 New Member

Ok well I'm new to this whole DROID world stuff. I wanted to download a new theme from here, but the only thing is that I don't know what the hell I'm doing. :) I have a non-rooted 2.2 Droid right now that I've had for 2 months. So my question is ... Is there a thread that shows you how (step by step) to download these themes and what use to download these themes? Any help would be appriciated. thanks in advice ...

The NEWBIE !!!
  2. ebruot

ebruot New Member

You have to be rooted to install these themes.
  3. zag74

zag74 New Member

on a mysterious island with a smoke monster
    I will tell you that I held off rooting until just about 5 months ago. But I did do a lot of research on the web...maybe more than I needed too but I wanted to be safe. The site that helped me the most was droid-life.com - do a search for "root" as a keyword and I think you will find a lot of good information (I swear I am not the owner of the site, the owner's best friend, nor the main shareholder of the site).

I also consistently followed both droidforums and the cyanogen forums to become familiar with the options and the vocabulary of rooting.

One final suggestion that I have - and I hope I do not offend anyone here, but since you are just beginning, once you have rooted your droid, I would stick to the established custom ROM- and Theme-Builders at first due to their experience (this is not to pick on those individuals and teams that are just starting - after all I like more choices! - but I think the established groups will have more stable builds for a beginner).

If you want to know who the "establishment" is, you can start by going to this page
    Droid Hacking - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

There, starting with Adamz is a an alphabetical list of groups building custom hacks for the Droid. Once there, keep an eye out for 2 things:
    1. Are the teams currently active? You do not want to install a theme that is old or use a ROM from someone that has left the building, so to speak.
    2. Read the posts in the forum - maybe not in detail, but at least to help yourself determine what issues may be present in the ROM or Theme. Do NOT let this worry you too much - every ROM or Theme will likely have some issues - but reading the posts will let you know what the issues are and if the builders are responding to those issues.

Hopefully this helps. Again, though, I know it may be more fun to dive in and try things right away, but I would suggest that you make sure you do a little research first.
  4. droid15

droid15 New Member

use cuttalots themes.
  5. bigdaddy915

bigdaddy915 New Member

Hey guys .. thanks for the help ... still alittle afrid on the rooring thing .. don't wanna screw my phone up and ****. how easy is it to root it now that I have 2.2 on it?
  6. bigdaddy915

bigdaddy915 New Member

need to ask something else ... is there a web page that gives me step by step instructions on how to root the phone from 2.2 stock? lmk thanks
  7. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator Staff Member