[Themes] - SS 5.4 by B-boy™ - 8 Total

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by B-boy™, Jun 1, 2011.

1. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Should I flash this over my current stock SS 5.4, or wipe, and reflash yours?

2. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    My themes are just themes.... they flash right over a stock rom and I flash them right over another theme and never have issues.... only thing that might happen is an Apk from a different theme that I don't theme will be leftover... like calendar from Mbk's tru_blue HGC ... besides that, just have a nandroid made just in case.....

Sent from the mind of Minolta

3. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the quick reply. I was being a noob, I didn't even look at the download size of the themes. It's not large enough to have included the ROM as well, and shouldn't anyway.

In the past I have come across some themes that really screwed up my phone and I haven't touched them in a while. That's my excuse for being a noob lol.

I'll report back with results!

I just installed WASP_Pulldown_v2.zip via flash CWM and the text reads different from the other WASP flash files (Dialer & Remix) stuff. It says MURDER by B-Boy.

I'm not trying to be picky, but this made me think I might have just flashed the red murder theme mistakenly. So I've booted it up and everything looks really good! It appears the wasp is a wasp and not anything to do with MURDER. Unless it's a KILLER WASP! (bad joke)

I see the calculator was themed, is this calculator the same download as the one that changes based on theme? (http://bit.ly/KameleonCalculator) ? Wasn't sure if I needed the download as a separate file if it came with WASP Remix flash file.

Okay I didn't see the WASP fly in on the statusbar pulldown after first booting the phone. I see it now after playing around for a while. Seemed kinda random but anyway, it's awesome!

EDIT : Noteworthy:
    7. http://bit.ly/KameleonGoogleSearchapk 99% of this seems unthemed. I uninstalled old, rebooted, installed this file. The only part of the widget that is themed is the contacts Android guy, he's black BG with yellow body. I was hoping this would match, so it would be a black Google Search widget. The rest of the widget is white. Also I have three different Google Search widgets. The two I had before were bothering me because I thought the plain white one was wasting space but never knew which one to delete. I used ChevyTools to delete Google Search.

Also as I saw someone mention previously when you hit search buttin it's unthemed. I think this has something to do with the two being separate APK files, but I never figured out which was which. I wish both were themed.

4. B-boy™

Ratings:
    +7
    Hmm... I must have forgotten to edit the updater.script on that one.... sorry about that. As far as the calculator, yes its the kameleon one but with a themed app icon. I'm still working on the Kameleon apps and getting them more detailed and universal to match any theme so I still include some of them for now... the wasp on the pulldown was actually my 2nd attempt at making an animated pulldown and on SS 5.4, we're limited on how many new images we can use so it's a little choppy but on 5.5 I'll have new ones.... thanks for the good words tho..:D ... glad ya like it...

5. B-boy™

Ratings:
    +7
    Both googlesearch and Google voice are themed black by theBowers and Kameleonized by me... unfortunately, the googlesearch that I might have left in the main zip is not inverted tho... since I made both of those apks a seperate install and not everyone likes inverted apps.... so if you're referring to the stock googlesearch that came with the theme, download the kameleon googlevoice and googlesearch and that should fix the problem.....

6. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    No I was referring to the downloaded one I linked. If it is supposed to be white that's fine. But the only black icon is the contacts one that you select from the dropdown on the left, the rest look stock.
    BUT this might be why!
    I just found out apparently using ChevyTools to delete Google Search , I only deleted one Google Search, and it wasn't the one you themed, so now I have to figure out a way of putting it back on there, doh. What is the difference in Google Search and Quick Search? And I wonder why Chevy didn't include the option to delete both.

After looking into it, I guess I should have paid more attention. Either that or Google could to combine GoogleSearch w/ QuickSearch because that would cause less confusion. QuickSearch was deleted manually w/ Root Explorer and now I have the black Widget and all 4 options are themed similarly.

Can anyone answer me this? What's the easiest way to get Google Search back in my SYSTEM/APP without causing force closes?

7. B-boy™

Ratings:
    +7
    Ok I just tested it and both are themed... but I used my double zip that has both voice and search and it flashes like a theme.... I just didn't add it in this thread for some reason.... and I'm mobile so I can't post links so I'd do this, reflash the rom without wiping.. that'll put everything where it belongs in system.. but doesn't affect apps..or, restore your nandroid you should have made before theming.... then, go to the Liquid section/liquid themes section/any of my themes/download the Kameleon Black GoogleVoice and GoogleSearch.zip... flash it like a theme.... presto!... but I'm sorry for all the confusion here.. I need to repining some things and be more detailed as to what to do.... my bad....

8. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    No problem I can be easily confused lol. It wasn't your lack of proper instructions, it was my lack of theme-applying experience. I will end up reflashing the ROM like you suggested, thanks, since I am not happy with my new keymapped function of the search key.

I went a little out of my way to change the keymap for the flat search key on the front of the MotoDroid. It broke when I deleted that APK file, but Google Search all black works fine, so if I could remap it to a different APK I'd be good! But apparently I can only assign those keys to other things, like pertaining to media playback, call / end call, and a few other limited things.

Are there any matching/themed bootscreens to look forward to?
    I've been wanting to change mine for a while, but all I have are old ones from FroYo and I wasn't sure if those were okay to use or not, so I don't change them.

9. B-boy™

Ratings:
    +7
    Alright cool, I hope ya get it all worked out.... and I don't really make boot stuff but I know there are a few threads of premade ones and custom ones, too.... ya might check those out and see what they have.... thanks man.. :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

10. Iryman

Iryman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for.the themes! Awesome jobs! Installed berry blast for my gf and the battery is just a pic of a car. Chevy I presume. LOL and when charging just says that it is at 5 percent. Redownloaded it and same thing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

11. B-boy™

Ratings:
    +7
    Mbk said that's an Easter egg that Chevy has in his rom but I think it only shows up when adding a theme to Chevy's Unthemed rom... if that's the case, flash the blue themed rom right over the old one without wiping data,make a back up, then flash Berry blast.... I'll be releasing a remix of it in the next few days, too.....

12. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Odd, Chevy himself said it had to be a theme issue

Search tags for this page

b-boy cartoon wallpaper download in android