[Themes] ~*Gingerbread Peter Alfonso Themes(GPA)*~

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by ronaldramsayii, Mar 31, 2011.

1. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @hyperdude I agree. It's something to deal with the framework-res.apk. Nothing big....real simple fix. I will be theming into GPA15 STABLE as well as Bugless Beast when Pete does release it.

@ReservedName thanks for the heads up, I kind of figured something like that would've happened. I'll update the OP to inform others....

It's just a matter of time before GPA15 goes Stable, so I'll be waiting. It'll probably be the last stock build before BuglessBeast arrives, but we never know. If Pete doesn't feel it's ready yet, there will be a GPA16 lol.

2. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OP Updated: 4/10/11 @ 8:15pm EST

NexTheme for GPA14 is complete!! It's available for download. Check it out!!

Working on rEVOlution now....Shouldn't take long

3. remnant

remnant Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sweet. Nice and simple

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Man this is a nice set up! :-D Real clean....
    Wait til you see the screenies for rEVOlution I'm about to upload....I can't sleep yet lol

5. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OP Updated!: 4/11/11 @ 3:04AM EST

I've added some screenies for the upcoming theme rEVOlution!!

This theme is actually almost finished. I'll be theming some apps to go along with this ROM, just not sure which ones yet.
    Theming is actually fun. If anyone wants to learn how to do this, just hit me up on my LiveProfile "ItsMikeRamsay" or on my Twitter. See my signature below...

Otherwise, more themes are coming folks. And for those wondering....I'll be theming for GPA15 and Bugless Beast whenever Pete's ready....

-Thanks for supporting my themes folks!!

6. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's almost done bro....Look at the screenies....What do you think?

7. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Let me know what you think about NexTheme...

8. webeougher

webeougher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks incredible. One suggestion I had for the Honeycomb theme, to make it look more like Honeycomb on the Xoom, would be to reverse the order of the 3G icon and the signal strength icons in the status bar (if that's possible). That's how is shows up on the Xoom, and it prevents the slight gap that appears to be there now with the 3G on the left and the signal strength to the right of it.

If that's confusing, basically, from left to right across the notification bar, it currently looks like this:

Active Notifications | Bluetooth (if applicable) | Wifi (if applicable) | 3G up/down | Signal strength | Battery | Alarm (if applicable) | Clock

It would look better if it was:

Active Notifications | Bluetooth | Wifi | Signal Strength | 3G up/down | Battery | Alarm | Clock

Like I said, I'm still just taking my first baby steps in theming, so I'm not even sure if that's possible, but it would make the theme a little more "authentic", in my opinion.

PS - The force close whenever I got multimedia messages must have been caused by restoring texts with Titanium Backup, because I re-flashed the theme (with the Facebook app from the first two releases and without the Honeycomb music app because I'm using the newer leaked one), and my Messaging app has been working flawlessly.

Thanks again for all the hard work, and deciding between Honeycomb and rEVOlution is going to be a tough decision indeed.

9. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Reversing the order of how icons show up I'm not sure is possible. I've seen where certain icons get removed, but reordering them I haven't seen.

I didn't know TB backs up text messages LOL.

Hows the theming coming along? You catching on?

10. webeougher

webeougher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still basically in the reading stage (although I can re-sign apps and I'm getting comfortable replacing images in .zip and .apk files), so I've got a ways to go, but it's coming along pretty well, I think, for all the more time I've had to devote to it the past few weeks.

Yeah, I wasn't sure the icons could be re-arranged, just throwing ideas out there.

I'm not sure exactly which setting it is with TiBu, but it's definitely one of the green ones. You have to reboot before it show your old texts, though.

11. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh ok. Cool. Keep trying man don't give up. Its easy once you get a hang of it. I use Photoshop to change the color of my .PNG. That's a simple step to also. The hardest thing is making .9.PNG files. Haven't figured that out yet.

You have any questions there's plenty of ppl that'll help including myself. My most frequently used apps on my laptop are: APK Manager 4.9, 7-zip, and Photoshop cs5...

12. The Kid Cassidy

The Kid Cassidy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey web, How did you get the honeycomb theme to work with 15? i tried it an just bootlooped......