Website
www.wix.com

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Props to all you themers out there, but I think one of the most annoying things, that is for whatever reason overlooked when people are theming or porting over themes is the progress bar/download bar xml file. Id prefer that if I had a blue theme for instance, that when I was changing the volume, or looking at something with a status bar, that its not red, like the usual UD is. Completely throws off the entire look of some themes.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I agree with you ... UD is unique because IMO it's a themed ROM.

My theme is intended to just tweak the sock look a bit - but given the fact the UD is now where near a stock looking ROM, I can see it kinda of clashing a bit.

As I learn more and more I plan on either expanding my first theme or creating another one ... not sure which direction I want to go in yet.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Props to all you themers out there, but I think one of the most annoying things, that is for whatever reason overlooked when people are theming or porting over themes is the progress bar/download bar xml file. Id prefer that if I had a blue theme for instance, that when I was changing the volume, or looking at something with a status bar, that its not red, like the usual UD is. Completely throws off the entire look of some themes.

Yeah I hear ya, I always hated that as well... but reality is that many of the themes are only with the images/icons modded or colorized. But there are themes out there where the compiler does edit the XMLs to attain that progress bar color change, amongst other color changes..;)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yeah I hear ya, I always hated that as well... but reality is that many of the themes are only with the images/icons modded or colorized. But there are themes out there where the compiler does edit the XMLs to attain that progress bar color change, amongst other color changes..;)

If you create a theme I really think you should make the whole thing work together as a whole. I try to do this in my Luna Theme. Personally there is no excuse for the progress bars to not fit. Its easy as pie to change. I change a few things here and there for my Luna Theme update, and even if I use the theme porter all I have to do is then drag in the progress_horizontal.xml file and a few JPGs that don't get moved for wallpapers and such.

Also, I noticed some people didn't bother to edit the new graphics in the notification control widget. They are all located in the framework and are simple enough to change. I got rid of the bar under them and made them dark grey when OFF and light blue when ON... looks good!

Reaction score
DROID 2 THEME! wow im shocked noone mentioned that...i love bugless beast's Droid 2 theme, its by far the best Droid 2 theme ever...that includes icons, lockscreen, widgets, launcher, everything!!..pleaseeeee port this theme, i tried installing it when i had BB V0.5 and i couldnt...Soon as this them is ported Here i Come UD2!!!!

Here's BB themes: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/78385-theme-pack-get-your-theme.html

Attachments

• screen1.png
    screen1.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 221
  • screen2.png
    screen2.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 195
  • screen4.png
    screen4.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 199
  • screen7.png
    screen7.png
    22 KB · Views: 204
  • screen8.png
    screen8.png
    58 KB · Views: 191

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

If you create a theme I really think you should make the whole thing work together as a whole. I try to do this in my Luna Theme. Personally there is no excuse for the progress bars to not fit. Its easy as pie to change. I change a few things here and there for my Luna Theme update, and even if I use the theme porter all I have to do is then drag in the progress_horizontal.xml file and a few JPGs that don't get moved for wallpapers and such.

Also, I noticed some people didn't bother to edit the new graphics in the notification control widget. They are all located in the framework and are simple enough to change. I got rid of the bar under them and made them dark grey when OFF and light blue when ON... looks good!

Yeah, your theme is a polished one that's for sure, and yeah, it's simple enough to edit that xml, but not every themer dabbles with XMLs...
I prefer to edit thoe XMLs because as the member mentioned, it's kinda crazy to have all blue, but the prgress bar bright red as BD likes in his UD ROMs...lol :p ....A little color break here and there is kinda needed, but not in something that's continuously used like that...

Anyways, there are many themes out there that go further than colorizing PNGs, yours being one of them, and I can only hope to keep pace with themers like you...LOL ;)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Totally agree. I hate XMLs because I am so bad at code and that kind of thing, but it's easy enough to figure out with some reading...

Someone should REALLY take my Luna Theme and remix it and release it. I just recently made the entire theme open and free to use, alter, or use in any way. I really want to see some nice themers get their hands on my graphics and make something new of it. Even if its just a color shift!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Personally, I like to edit the xml's but I can't stand using the hex editor. I'm a big fan of decompiling it, making changes and recompiling it. Now that I know where the status bar stuff is, I can get that too. My issue is, unlike UD1, I can't recompile UD2 without errors. I tried replacing all his framework images with stock ones but it still errors out. Does anyone here have a UD2 template they wouldn't mind sharing? For my red theme, it didn't matter because BD likes red so it all jived well together. Now I need to do Gold and I will need to make those changes.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
IcculusX... someone should make a "sol" theme for contrast. I think so anyway :)

thefever

Reaction score
I suckered my self in. Ported revolution last night. Will post up when I get home from class in a bit.

Shusuke028

Reaction score
I suckered my self in. Ported revolution last night. Will post up when I get home from class in a bit.

Thank you! I've been waiting for this! Officially coming back to UD!

Milton515

Reaction score
Totally agree. I hate XMLs because I am so bad at code and that kind of thing, but it's easy enough to figure out with some reading...

Someone should REALLY take my Luna Theme and remix it and release it. I just recently made the entire theme open and free to use, alter, or use in any way. I really want to see some nice themers get their hands on my graphics and make something new of it. Even if its just a color shift!

Is there an icon pack that I can download to match my icons to the theme.... By the way Luna looks great on UD 2.0

thefever

Reaction score
Link Gone.

Use this at your own risk, make a nandroid backup. This was a quick port of the Revolution theme that Luigi ported over for UD 1, which was ManUp's original piece. I edited it to my liking, and filled in a few blanks.

Enjoy, but remember this was quick and dirty, and likely isn't perfect.