Themes for Project Elite

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Pastor Ron, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Being pretty new to this forum, I was just wondering about having a thread under each separate Custom ROM specifically for themes. Is that something that would make sense? That way, instead of searching around, all themes would be in one central location. Just curious.

2. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    most roms, including Project Elite, either have a separate thread with links to themes, or they include theme links in the OP or the first couple of "reserved" posts. in Proj Elite's case, it is both - there are links to Black N Bold, Executive Series, Cold Fusion, and 928's Black Glass (coming soon). Then in posts 2 & 3, there are links for the Galaxy S and Evolution themes, ported over by actngrezy, himself.

also, most of the time when a new theme is ported to a rom, the themer will let the rom dev'r know to update the rom OP to include a link for the newly-ported theme.

because a lot of the themers have their own separate sections, it would be a little problematic for them to have to maintain and update threads under each individual rom. when they do updates for their themes, if they had to update threads in each rom section, i think the possibility increases that a rom might get overlooked for an update. so, as long as the link to the theme thread is in the rom OP, once you get linked to the theme you know you're going to get the most current theme/update. for me, i'd rather take the extra step of linking to another thread knowing that i'll get the most up to date theme.

just my 2 cents...

3. Pastor Ron

Pastor Ron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply; what you wrote makes sense to me and I can definitely see your point. I wasn't thinking about how many ROMS each themer has to update. Sorry for the silly question.

4. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    not a silly question. my point of view is that the easier it is for the dev'rs and themers, then the better chance we have of enjoying their talents! ;)

5. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    Def not a silly question I myself almost made a thread for themes until I really thought about the best way to keep it organized. With the themers having the links to their themes for each rom in their own thread I figured it would be easier to link the download in the op that way everything stays together. Also when the new rom updates come I can have the themes for the updated rom in that thread this way you know which theme version goes to what rom version. This will eliminate the" will this theme work with this version of the rom" thank you for the thought though.