Themes for milestone

mssmison

Reaction score
I've installed several of the themes from that site using the sh files with no issue, just copy the theme folder and the sh file to the root of your sd card. Reboot to open recovery, and adb shell, and /sdcard/installer.sh (or whatever it's called).

OP
N

nizam1

Reaction score
I've installed several of the themes from that site using the sh files with no issue, just copy the theme folder and the sh file to the root of your sd card. Reboot to open recovery, and adb shell, and /sdcard/installer.sh (or whatever it's called).

Do you have app2sd installed?

mssmison

Reaction score

no, but that shouldn't affect it. The themes are applied to /system/app, where as app2sd is from /data/app.

OP
N

nizam1

Reaction score

no, but that shouldn't affect it. The themes are applied to /system/app, where as app2sd is from /data/app.

Unfortunately..It does for me.

shantanu

Reaction score
hii guyz can any1 tell me how can i install themes in my milestone

chad_petree

Reaction score
Just tried this on my milestone with the glass theme. It works and looks really good on my screen.

I trying to understand the poster above saying it would be in german. The files the themes change have no text anyway besides your carrier in the pull down.

John were helping the community out. We should start converting all of the guides for this forum.
Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Sorry my bad..For some reason my default language was in German when I restarted the phone.
However I have one more problem and I dont think anyone's run into it yet
The themes dont seem to work if you have app2sd installed from before-hand.With or without open recovery
I tried installing with the "install without apps" option too.All I get is an endless loop of the startup animation.
Removing the theme with OpenRecovery doesnt help either.I have to perform a Nandroid backup every single time

Do you or John have app2sd installed?

I can't find anything similar on the android-hilfe forums either

I actually dont use App2sd, so I cant help with that. I would think that as long as you put the theme file, in the theme folder under open recovery it should work. Have you tried to re-download the theme and which one are you using? If the update.zip file works that installed on the sd card, the theme file should work. Just to test use glass theme from FUFU and see if that installs.

I will use this glasstheme for example:
http://droid.fufus-world.de/downloads/glasstheme14rc.zip

When you download this file there will be a glasstheme folder and a glasstheme.sh file. Do not put the glasstheme.sh file on your sd card.

Place the file in /SDCARD/OpenRecovery/Themes/Glasstheme(FOLDER)

Make sure your not installing the .SH FILE

Let me know if this helps. Delete any theme files you've downloaded/installed and start fresh with the above download.

You u mention i shouldnt put the sh file on my sd but the theme im trying to install has 4 SH files!!!! , what should i do? heres a pic of the folder

http://img822.imageshack.us/i/droidx.png/
droidx.png

Last edited:

chad_petree

Reaction score
Sorry my bad..For some reason my default language was in German when I restarted the phone.
However I have one more problem and I dont think anyone's run into it yet
The themes dont seem to work if you have app2sd installed from before-hand.With or without open recovery
I tried installing with the "install without apps" option too.All I get is an endless loop of the startup animation.
Removing the theme with OpenRecovery doesnt help either.I have to perform a Nandroid backup every single time

Do you or John have app2sd installed?

I can't find anything similar on the android-hilfe forums either

I actually dont use App2sd, so I cant help with that. I would think that as long as you put the theme file, in the theme folder under open recovery it should work. Have you tried to re-download the theme and which one are you using? If the update.zip file works that installed on the sd card, the theme file should work. Just to test use glass theme from FUFU and see if that installs.

I will use this glasstheme for example:
http://droid.fufus-world.de/downloads/glasstheme14rc.zip

When you download this file there will be a glasstheme folder and a glasstheme.sh file. Do not put the glasstheme.sh file on your sd card.

Place the file in /SDCARD/OpenRecovery/Themes/Glasstheme(FOLDER)

Make sure your not installing the .SH FILE

Let me know if this helps. Delete any theme files you've downloaded/installed and start fresh with the above download.

You u mention i shouldnt put the sh file on my sd but the theme im trying to install has 4 SH files!!!! , what should i do? heres a pic of the folder

http://img822.imageshack.us/i/droidx.png/
droidx.png

anyone? =(

Last edited: