Themes for milestone

OP
N

nizam1

Reaction score
Almost all the themes in the Android-Hilfe forum are in German only.
With the exception of Beyond the Ocean. Everything else seems to be German only :(
Although I haven't tried the LMF script because i don't really need most of the mods included in it.

intruda119

Reaction score
Almost all the themes in the Android-Hilfe forum are in German only.
With the exception of Beyond the Ocean. Everything else seems to be German only :(
Although I haven't tried the LMF script because i don't really need most of the mods included in it.

I read nothing on the forum to indicate that any program, app, theme etc to be german only. if so, the open recovery that includes themes, apps, mods and tweaks would be in german. if your focus is on screen shots, the site is for german users. Its nothing hurting you to try them and see if it works. Just remember to do a nandroid backup first.

OP
N

nizam1

Reaction score
There was a video by one of the members on there..ChrisDroid..and he said the themes were in German only.Plus I installed Tech Blue which was in German.

John2bDroid

Reaction score
This OpenRecovery has done me wonders and you don't even need a PC to do your stuff
only if you are adding to ownapps...and here is a Description on what LMF in-tails

Google Translate

intruda119

Reaction score
There was a video by one of the members on there..ChrisDroid..and he said the themes were in German only.Plus I installed Tech Blue which was in German.

Im interested to know what parts where in german

John2bDroid

Reaction score
Intruda need some advice here I Know that were both running OpenRecovery... I Think :)

and I have applied the Blackandroid theme which i like.... But after looking in the openrecover files on my desktop and in the theme folder it has obviously the Theme..But lets say I want to install this one Google Translate and put it in the Theme folder and the re-run the OpenRecovery and apply that theme would that work....?

Last edited:

intruda119

Reaction score
I just looked at the blackandroid theme and the glass theme and the files are exactly alike. I think putting the glass theme in the theme folder under openrecovery would give you the option to load glass theme in recovery menu. Just do a nandroid backup first and then test it. Let me know what happens.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

John2bDroid

Reaction score
Ok Confirmed it works all you need to do is first and nandroid backup very important :)

insert the theme only on your SD Card/OpenRecovery/Theme/... Do not install the .sh script because you will not need it Open does it for you install the theme and reboot...and voila :)

intruda119

Reaction score
Just tried this on my milestone with the glass theme. It works and looks really good on my screen.

I trying to understand the poster above saying it would be in german. The files the themes change have no text anyway besides your carrier in the pull down.

John were helping the community out. We should start converting all of the guides for this forum.

John2bDroid

Reaction score
Intruda< yes I think the first thing that needs to be done is have a sticky with OpenRecovery from fufu... with the explanations on how this OpenRecovery works...:)

and you don't even need a pc or mac to change you themes or anything for that matter
it just works.... meaning if I download a theme I drop it on my Dropbox and I sync it with my stone and then just RootExplorer to drop it in the OpenRecovery folder...

OP
N

nizam1

Reaction score
Just tried this on my milestone with the glass theme. It works and looks really good on my screen.

I trying to understand the poster above saying it would be in german. The files the themes change have no text anyway besides your carrier in the pull down.

John were helping the community out. We should start converting all of the guides for this forum.

Sorry my bad..For some reason my default language was in German when I restarted the phone.
However I have one more problem and I dont think anyone's run into it yet
The themes dont seem to work if you have app2sd installed from before-hand.With or without open recovery
I tried installing with the "install without apps" option too.All I get is an endless loop of the startup animation.
Removing the theme with OpenRecovery doesnt help either.I have to perform a Nandroid backup every single time

Do you or John have app2sd installed?

I can't find anything similar on the android-hilfe forums either

Last edited:

intruda119

Reaction score

Sorry my bad..For some reason my default language was in German when I restarted the phone.
The themes dont seem to work if you have app2sd installed from before-hand.With or without open recovery
I tried installing with the "install without apps" option too.All I get is an endless loop of the startup animation.
Removing the theme with OpenRecovery doesnt help either.I have to perform a Nandroid backup every single time

I actually dont use App2sd, so I cant help with that. I would think that as long as you put the theme file, in the theme folder under open recovery it should work. Have you tried to re-download the theme and which one are you using? If the update.zip file works that installed on the sd card, the theme file should work. Just to test use glass theme from FUFU and see if that installs.

I will use this glasstheme for example:
http://droid.fufus-world.de/downloads/glasstheme14rc.zip

When you download this file there will be a glasstheme folder and a glasstheme.sh file. Do not put the glasstheme.sh file on your sd card.

Place the file in /SDCARD/OpenRecovery/Themes/Glasstheme(FOLDER)

Make sure your not installing the .SH FILE

Let me know if this helps. Delete any theme files you've downloaded/installed and start fresh with the above download.

John2bDroid

Reaction score

Nope I don't use app2sd I don't need it...I think that would be the reason your having problems..

So far all the themes I've tried all work...:)

OP
N

nizam1

Reaction score
Quick update.
The themes work from OpenRecovery only when I chose the "Install theme without apps" option.
I think its a problem with app2sd after all :(
Doesn't work with just the "Install theme" option.Have to do a Nandroid backup to restore my phone.
Think this should be kept as a disclaimer on that forum,because I've seen no mention of it.
Can anyone post a mirror for the AndroidGlass theme? I keep getting a 403 error when i try to download from Fufu's link
Cheers!