Themes for milestone

nizam1

Reaction score
Has anyone here had any luck in theming the Milestone?
All the themes seem to be in German.So I'm confused as to whether it'll work in English
Plus does anyone know if some of the Droid themes can be used on the Milestone?

intruda119

Reaction score
I'm very interested in this also. The google translation is pretty good but I need something a little more detailed. I'm prettty sure most of those themes are for 2.0.1. I've tried them but I always run into problems. I don't need full themes just a black status bar.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

intruda119

Reaction score
Okay I was over at the german android website and found alot of different things. I just upgraded my recovery menu. It actually includes all of the mods possible all in the recovery menu. It includes themes, the original oc mod, boot animations, launcher apks, etc. check out his page

[WIP] OpenRecovery LMF mod - Android-Hilfe.de

John2bDroid

Reaction score
Dang Can't read German Wish it was translated or have a choice to switch over to english

intruda119

Reaction score
Dang Can't read German Wish it was translated or have a choice to switch over to english

Currently im using Chrome browser on my netbook and it automatically translate german to english. Some things you have to put together but it does a good job for the most part.

Use google translate website if your browser doesnt do it automatically

Google Translate

This program makes modding extremely easy for any user.

John2bDroid

Reaction score

Currently im using Chrome browser on my netbook and it automatically translate german to english. Some things you have to put together but it does a good job for the most part.

Use google translate website if your browser doesnt do it automatically

Google Translate

This program makes modding extremely easy for any user.

and I'm @ Telus 2.0.1 do I need to be @ 2.1 ?

ok I don't get this part

First, you must from the folder / SDCard / OpenRecovery / LMF edit lmf.cf.
Use the Windows Notepad, it does not because the file is stored incorrectly and therefore is otherwise unusable then,
used for editing Notepad + + which is good and free editor is one.
The individual items should be self explanatory.

it's not self explanatory...

Last edited:

intruda119

Reaction score
Im truthfully no expert but im pretty sure you need 2.1 for this recovery. I just completely erased my phone and used this guide to root and start from scratch.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-milestone/43352-milestone-2-1-update-root-guide.html

after that I download the LMF_openrec_v14.zip(BASEPACK 7.1), then download the lastest update which is LMF_openrec_v14_update1.zip(first link in Update pack). I unzipped using WINRAR the basepack first into the root of my sdcard. Then I unzipped the update to the root and overwrite all files. I open up my recovery menu and click apply update.zip file. Once it gives you the confirmation of DONE, a new menu pops up.

As far as I know you have to apply update.zip everytime you want to get into the openrecovery menu. Hope this helps, ill keep checking back to see if you have anymore questions. I do recommend starting fresh though.

John2bDroid

Reaction score
Ok I will try this on the weekend need the phone to work for tomorrow...:)incase i screwup.... So I noticed there is the base-pack but there is 7.2 Updatepack1 which I think
it superseeds the first base pack...but then there are pack2 to 4.. I guess these are copied over to fix some stuff I guess...:)

Hmm When you say you erased your phone you mean just by applying the 2.1 SBF right
and then using the Vulnerable SBF then root the phone before applying this OpenRecovery..right?

OP
N

nizam1

Reaction score
@intruda- Im guessing that you got the black android theme when you installed that script
Is it in German or does your phone language still stay in english?

intruda119

Reaction score
Ok I will try this on the weekend need the phone to work for tomorrow...:)incase i screwup.... So I noticed there is the base-pack but there is 7.2 Updatepack1 which I think
it superseeds the first base pack...but then there are pack2 to 4.. I guess these are copied over to fix some stuff I guess...:)

Hmm When you say you erased your phone you mean just by applying the 2.1 SBF right
and then using the Vulnerable SBF then root the phone before applying this OpenRecovery..right?

Yeah I reset my phone applying the 2.1 sbf.

As far as basepack I used this link:
http://droid.fufus-world.de/downloads/LMF_openrec_v14.zip

and the update includes all files from previous updates also so I use the newest one:
http://droid.fufus-world.de/downloads/LMF_openrec_v14_update1.zip

@nizam1, yes everything is still in english. I applied every mod/app on my phone with no problems. I will list my mods i tested below that works for me.

If everything goes ok installling open recovery, create a nandroid backup first.

1. Nexus boot animation
2. Used his way of overclocking, this way it doesnt reset after a reboot.
3. installed the black theme.
4. I installed all of his apps, mods and helix launcher.
5. Also his custom apps.

John2bDroid

Reaction score
Hi intruda : Can you point out where his way to set the cpu to stay after reboot please...

I'm going to do this now so hopefully everything works out :)

intruda119

Reaction score
Hi intruda : Can you point out where his way to set the cpu to stay after reboot please...

I'm going to do this now so hopefully everything works out :)

Here is a solution if you want to use the milestoneoverclock.apk:
[How-To] Overclock your Milestone - Android-Hilfe.de

The other way is a little to difficult. If your going to use the openrecovery solution I would just stick with that. but if you have a translator just check out the website. they have a bunch of solutions for overclocking.
Root / Hacking / Modding für Motorola Milestone auf Android-Hilfe.de

John2bDroid

Reaction score
I'm all done works great I love it...:) Nice theme also we just need some more though :)

intruda119

Reaction score
yeah if you can translate that site with your browser, they have a subforum dedicated to themes and theres a ton. Im currently experimenting the install of them.