{THEMES} For Liquid Gingerbread!!

Discussion in 'Liquid Themes' started by JSM9872, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njjayt82

njjayt82 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your help.... this is SOOOOO much harder than i expected it was going to be... but oh well it gives me something new to learn.. i just hope i can catch onto it quickly... i spent ALL morning reading threads on here and watching youtube videos trying to get a full grasp as to what i was going to do... then i just threw caution to the wind and asked my friend for a gingerbread link and dld it and went through that process and now im rooted for like 3 hrs and im growing impatient lol

2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    No worries man. We were all once in your place. When I first rooted my friend actually did it for me and I didnt even know how to flash another rom for the longest time, or knew there was another one for that matter. But dont be impatient, always look around for the right answer to your questions so you know what you are getting into. Sometimes it may take a little bit to find it but youll be happy you did.

3. njjayt82

njjayt82 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, since no one seems to be helping me out with my post can you throw me a bone with it? now I see things about bugless beast and liberty and such is that different from gingerbread? and if so would i have to re-root the phone to be able to get the theme, or are they universal themes? and how easy is it to do i see a LONG list of downloaded materials for the themes

4. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Sorry you are not getting the help you need over there. I will try my best in the mean time. Gingerbread is the OS (2.3.x) that most custom roms are built off of now, there are some older but since you mentioned you have gb we will concentrate on that. Liberty and Bugless are examples of forums that specific developers or teams of devs that build custom roms have set up to post there mods and other things. Liberty and Bugless both have custom roms built off of the gingerbread OS. Bugless is for the droid 1 and Liberty is for several devices and I know one of them is the droid 2.

You would not have to re-root your phone but you do need to use themes/roms that are specific to your device. The link I posted before is the place you need to begin finding these themes and custom roms. Once you get the process down flashing themes etc is very easy. I assume the process is the same from the droid 1 to the droid 2 but I am not certain since I have only ever had a droid 1.

5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Bugles Beast and Liquid are custom ROMz. They are OS that are made by developers. Gingerbread is one of the latest update that comes from Google.

Sometimes a developer will take pieces of the release from Google and develop their own version of Gingerbread of Froyo. Gingerbread is the latest.

Now at this time for the X they are releasing an official version of Gingerbread. This has not happened yet for the D2, although more then likely it will. be released over the air from Motorola/Verizon.

To install a Custom ROM you must root your phone first. In some cases these custom ROMs may or may not allow an over the air updates to load..

I personally do not recommend rooting the Droid 2 however many will disagree with that. I prefer to use the stock equipment, I'm able to desing my phone myself the way I like it.

I suggest that you go into the hacking area and read the stickies, there are plenty of good information there. Also in the main forum go to the Recue Squad area and read their guides. They have many guides to assist you and we have plenty of members to help if you do get in a jam.

Hope that helps a bit.

6. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Thank you for the assist hookbill. I just checked it out over there and there is a ton of good info to be had. I didnt even realize the resources and guides they have over at the rescue squad (knocks on wood) I have avoided needing to go there for a bail out thus far :)

7. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    For those of you interested I just updated both the Galaxy S and NexThemed LauncherPro to the newest version 0.8.6. They both flashed right over the others witn no issues.

8. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +34
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Twitter:
    spc_hicks09
    So they will work on 1.9 now? If so, I'm all over these themes!!!!

9. liquid0624

liquid0624 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    No these theme s are not compatible with 1.9 yet

10. liquid0624

Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Hookbill can you plz addd jsm9872 to my beta team thanks

11. liquid0624

Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Hookbill also plz add cujo6801 as well ty

12. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Thanks for the assist liquid. I just got out of work now. The themes will be updated between tonight and tomorrow. I am also working on a top secret project that I will hopefully have done in the next couple days, I am reviving another classic theme for lgb.

Sent from my Droid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
gingerbread mms.apk

gingerbread themes

googlequicksearchbox gingerbread
motoblur app drawer icon