1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

{THEMES} For Liquid Gingerbread!!

Discussion in 'Liquid Themes' started by JSM9872, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

These Are For The Droid 1 Only!!

Yet again a slight change to the line up. I have continued to port NexTheme (In Progress) and Watermark'D (Next After NexTheme) but also I have brought back Rev0luti0n due to requests :)

Enjoy Everyone!!!

All information for each theme will be in the appropriate thread.

Post#2 - NexTheme

Post#3 - Watermark'D

Post#4 - Rev0luti0n

I will do requests for minor changes for icons etc., if you have something in mind just ask and as long as I can figure out what you mean and I have some time I will give it a shot.

I want to thank liquid for making what I consider to be a superb ROM!!!

I also want to thank es0terricha0s, he is one heck of a guy and kinda like a mentor to a noob themer like myself, Thanks Man!!

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE, PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING ANY THEME OR ADD-ON!!

At this point in time my Droid 1 is no longer active. I do flash all of the themes on it but I do not use it as a daily device so I will most likely not catch some issues. For the most part I check for anything big and then that all the apps work properly. If you notice any issues please dont be too shy to let me know. I want to know and I want to be able to fix them but can not if I am not aware of them.

I do keep the files for a few versions if you need an old one just contact me and I will PM them to you. Currently I have back to LGB 1.8.

I also still have Galaxy S and Rev0lution on file for versions 1.8 - 1.9. If you would like them contact me and I will PM them to you.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  2. JSM9872

NexTheme - originally by Manup456.
    This port is a continuation of the work that bp382i did...

Whats themed:
    Browser, Calculator, Calendar, CalendarProvider, Camera, Contacts, ContactsProvider, DeskClock, Email, Gallery3D,
    GenieWidget, GoogleQuickSearchBox, LatinIME, Mms, Music, Phone, Settings, SystemUI, Talk, and Framework!!

The Downloads For Version 2.6 Only:

Links Removed
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  3. JSM9872

Watermark'D - Originally by stewart1champ

Heres whats themed:
    Browser, Calculator, Calendar, CalendarProvider, Camera, Contacts, DeskClock,Email, Gallery3D,
    GenieWidget, GoogleQuickSearchBox, LatinIME, Mms, Music, Phone, Settings, SystemUI,
    and naturally the Framework!!

The notification tile is dark blue so go into liquid settings> interface> color changer and change the item title, item text, item progress, and item time to #ffffffff (white).

And believe it or not but porting this to LGB was my first experience with it. I did make some changes: I replaced all the orange buttons and glow with blue because I felt it looked much nicer then the orange (and I am tired of GB orange anyway), had to add/make many new icons to account for new features (and liquid keeps adding lol), I added the keyboard, among many other changes. This was by far the most time consuming port I did so please enjoy this one!!

Now includes custom lockscreen icons (pictured below) made by me. The base for them came from B-boy's lockscreen icons so thank you to B-boy!!

Links Removed
  4. JSM9872

Rev0luti0n - Originally by Manup456

Whats themed:
    Browser, Calculator (icon only), Calendar, CalendarProvider, Camera, Contacts, ContactsProvider, DeskClock,
    Gallery3D, GenieWidget, GoogleQuickSearchBox, LatinIME, Mms, Music, Phone, Settings, SystemUI, and Framework!!

Links Removed

Thank You to gmorgan056 for providing me with these screenshots!!
  5. Jasko

Jasko New Member

Great. Waiting on Galaxy :)

Thanks for always updating it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. JSM9872

No problem, theming is pretty new to me and kinda fun. And I know you are, dont worry you wont be forgotten. Thats why its going to be second :biggrin:
  7. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ive been working on one myself. Wasnt going to say anything, but I am loving LGB.

Still no name, will shoot some screen previews though and think of a name. Parts of chump change, and a lot of new theme work. I just finished up the framework. Next things to tackle are the SystemUI, phone, contacts, and then a lot of other apps to follow. Main ones first though.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  8. JSM9872

Yeah im a big fan too always run the nightlies and public releases, but man oh man, TheBowers, BBoy, and now yakitori!! You guys are gonna make my simple theme ports look like childs play :)
  9. pdc419

pdc419 Member

Just wanted to say thank you for the revolution theme! Liquid makes one of the best roms out there, and you sir have made it even better! Great job and thank you

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  10. JSM9872

No thank you, you just nade my day.
  11. Vendetta

Vendetta New Member

Awesome to see nextheme back in action! It's the one theme I've been missing since moving to GB. Gotta ask though, does it have battery percentages and if not could you cook up a version with em please?
  12. JSM9872

I am sure I can whip one up with the percents. I do want to finish up galaxy and revo first, then itll the first thing on my list.
  13. Vendetta

Vendetta New Member

No prob man take your time :) I'm just happy to have nexthme on a GB rom. Crazy fast response btw.
  14. liquid0624

liquid0624 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Great job bro
  15. Adrioid

Adrioid Theme Developer Theme Developer

You are a hardworking man JSM. Keep up the good work! :)
  16. JSM9872

Thanks man I appreciate it!!

Haha thats crazy, I was just posting in you black chrome thread :)
  17. JSM9872

Hey guys just posted Galaxy S up, off to bed for the night, still trying to get over the cold/sinus infection. I will answer any questions or comments in the morning. Nighty night!!
  18. -iD

-iD New Member

hey, plz don't take this the wrong way; i am NOT a dev and couldn't do what you theming gods do, so i understand that you don't value my opinion very much...

that said, i'm looking at all the work going into themes now for lgb and sad for you guys that you aren't taking the time to learn tmo theme chooser. i know it's more work to learn a new format, but seems to me, especially with the speed that lgb versions fly out, that it would pay off pretty quickly, and help a lot on ROM support by not having issues that come from using the wrong version (e.g. theme v1.65 on ROM v1.67).

i know that there are some bits that theme chooser doesn't get, but i'm seeing success in theme threads for other roms with a theme chooser theme to handle *most* of the changes, and a supplemental morph zip to get the lock screen, horizontal progress, and framework changes. the tmo theme is generic enough that it doesn't need nearly as much maintenance when the ROM moves to a new version, and the morphs seem to be so specific and targeted that they also seem to work over multiple updated ROM revisions.

When the users are directed to use zip themer to apply them they also get the benefit of an automagically created "undo" file to return to stock, which is the other user downside of zip theming like in this thread: there's no undo, other than to reflash to a backup.

I'M NOT COMPLAINING, mind you, and i'm thrilled that there's a gala S theme now, which used to be my fave. but i'm not sure i'm gonna jump on it, mainly because :

1) lgb gets updated so quickly that the themes are often for the last version only and
    2) i've really been taken by the honeybread theme. i add atari-boy (sp?)'s blue horizontal progress bar, honeybread wannabe lockscreen and honeybread lockscreen clock combined into one zip with zip themer, and i'm good to go.

none of those theme elements have been updated in months, and they all still work, so updates don't make me go back to stock and then go hunting down an updated theme or something new to run if the theme i'm currently on is not updated yet, as is often the case.

hope you can read this in a good frame of mind and consider it. i'm NOT trashing your work, far from it, i LUV what you do, i just think if you got on board with the newer theme scheme (tmo chooser plus a "finishing touches" morph) you'd find that you could put more time into dev'in' new kewl stuff and less time into user support and updating your files to the latest version.

my .02, keep the change.

:)
  19. Vendetta

Vendetta New Member

So I've been running the Nextheme port for about half a day now and I gotta say, it's fantastic, but I have a few minor qualms with it.

1. The power control widget seems a little out of place. It has the Nextheme style icons, but it's done in a minimalistic black and white more in line with the Revolution theme. I'd prefer the more colorful widget that bp328i used in his old ports.

2. For some strange reason the music and settings icons are not themed. The music icon is the stock GB green speaker and the settings icons are the default blue android knobs. I don't mind the music icon too much as I have the honeycomb music player apk which overwrites all themed icons, but the absence of the Nextheme styled green gears settings icons is a bit strange.

3. The notification pulldown is solid. This is a very minor gripe, but I just prefer transparent notification pulldowns.

These changes along with a percentage display for the battery icon would make this theme almost perfect imo.
  20. Adrioid

Adrioid Theme Developer Theme Developer

iD - everyone's opinion counts, and there's a lot of users stepping up and learning how to theme. Theming is very time consuming, most of us do this on our free time, and it's more than just swapping images. Theme manager is a nice way of switching themes for any ROM, but it's also limited to how much it changes compared to a .zip file. I'm sure as Theming changes, we will all learn the process. :)

Sent from my Thunderbolt
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
gingerbread mms.apk

gingerbread themes

googlequicksearchbox gingerbread
motoblur app drawer icon