Themes For Blurry 1.8

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Well i tried Juicemane's Theme from 1.5 on 1.8 and it works. I didnt encounter weird issues and looks like its completely themed so far. Swype works but its the plain/lame white one its not that the theme didnt work that how the Blur Swype looks like. I found a .zip file to change it from white to a black one but i dont remember where i got it and not sure if it works since i have not tried it yet. I can upload it if you want. You all can try this theme but i reccomend backing up before you try this. Just letting you all know. The theme was BlackJuice blue for Blurry 1.5

Go ahead and try others and we can post them up here. We all work as a team. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid
You can find the BlackJuice theme here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/96050-theme-black-juice-rubix-blurry-1-0-a.html

Also confirmed working are Fab's Themes: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/fabolous-x/102248-themes-apex-1-12-11-a.html

Last edited:
OP
Lex_Luthor

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score

XDRDX

Reaction score
Port GB Red Theme

I have mixed some of the images from Draya1986's Red GB Theme for Liberty and stock OTA to come up with this theme. It is a Red GB looking theme with a semi-transparent notification pull down and 10% battery increments with white lettering in the battery icon.

It is an update.zip so install it just like any other theme.

Edit: It appears I forgot to zipalign this last time. Please install this again if you had used it previously. The zipalign on boot is not taking place so I went ahead and did it myself.

Last edited:

mdowns989

Reaction score
I installed the watermarked theme for apex on blurry 1.8.0 and came across a few weird things... duplicate email icons in app drawer dual galleries etc.... if I tabs the theme.. and remove the appear that install with it that I don't want will it break the theme?

XDRDX

Reaction score
No, those are aosp elements that are standard in apex. Rubix does not have those aosp elements which have been themed in apex hence the reason you now have 2. You can thumb through the zip and see which elements were installed then remove them from the rom with root explorer and then delete them from the zip so the are not installed if you ever have to reload the theme. The framework-res.apk and services.jar hold most of the theme for the system itself the other items are applications themselves that have been themed. If you need any help let me know and I will try to help out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mdowns989

Reaction score
When it comes to the themes I pretty much only care about the notification icons and the system icons... I don't care if the particular apps are themed... if I open the theme and delete the apps folder will the theme still work properly? I just want a clean install of them both. I went through with root explorer and deleted most but can't tell which is which... I just want to start over without the apps

XDRDX

Reaction score
If that's all you want is the pull down and notification bar then all that needs to be there in the system folder of the update.zip is the framework folder, which should contain a framework-res.apk and a services.jar. If you want the application icons then you would have to extract them from the apps in that updated.zip and ninjamorph them into the current apps. Probably not worth the hassle.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

antintyty

Reaction score
I installed the watermarked theme for apex on blurry 1.8.0 and came across a few weird things... duplicate email icons in app drawer dual galleries etc.... if I tabs the theme.. and remove the appear that install with it that I don't want will it break the theme?

i had the same issues...getting double notifications and everything. i used rootexplorer and found the watermark themed apps and renamed them as .bak's so that they would disappear from the drawer, but i also ran into problems with some of the blur working properly, i.e. facebook notifications, emails, etc, so i just flashed the 1.8 blur back as it was and I'll wait for Juicemane to port a theme for us blurry folks!