Themes For ApeX 1.4.x (2/21/11)

bhavlo

Reaction score
I have been running Apex on my Droid X with just the stock theme for about a month. I uninstall-ed apps I don't use and overall I have been happy with everything. The other day I saw the ApeX_Watermarkd.zip theme and thought I would venture into themes. I installed it (without wiping data), I love the look and feel except I started getting double txt messages and also noticed I had several apps that I had removed are now back.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal or did I install the theme incorrectly?

wildride89

Reaction score
The themes come.with text apps just freeze the one you don't want running? Ex. Messaging 2.2.1 or the sms text preferred. Where did u download the theme from the other link was broken

bhavlo

Reaction score
The themes come.with text apps just freeze the one you don't want running? Ex. Messaging 2.2.1 or the sms text preferred. Where did u download the theme from the other link was broken

I just found if here, I don't know which link you say was broken but this worked for me last night.
ApeX_Watermarkd.zip

JWellington

Reaction score
Any chance someone could port the GB Red Theme from Liberty?

Here is the link "http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...heme-red-gingerbread-theme-liberty-1-0-a.html".

Actually I went ahead and ported the framework images from the drawable-hdpi folder myself. (Just the ones that needed to be.) I have attached the Framework in a update.zip format.

To install boot into recovery, install zip, choose Apex_Red_GB_Framework_Only.zip and choose install. Reboot and you should now have the theme. I have not modified any of the XML's or Animations.

Anyone interested in porting a FULL Red GB theme? Thank you XDRDX for your Framework, but I'd love a full Red GB theme (Gmail-Screen Lock-Volume-Browser Indicator are most important). I've done some searching and there seems to be an interest if someone wants to port it--it also could be something else other than GB--RevolutionRED would be sweet.

I second this; There is a Red Gingerbread theme for Liberty and it is so nice:heart:
I would love to that for our ROM here.

CHP

Reaction score
is there a vanilla or galaxy theme?

Last edited:

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
You have an extra mototorch because you didn't follow instructions ;)

As for the gallery, because there are multiple choices in ApeX, installing the theme resets the configuration back to default. But if you enabled the other choices (as opposed to default), it doesn't know that, and you have two copies.

All you need to do is just run the scripts again to get your configuration back.

Hope that clears things up :D

Does this work with the text messaging

bleeds

Reaction score
Hey there.. thanks ahead of time..

This rom is FAST...

I have a couple of questions..

1. Does this ROM have a toolbox of goodies like some of the others..?
  2. Whenever I put my X in my hip holster, it switches it to CAR MODE. I have searched everywhere but cannot seem to find the spot to disable this.. Any Ideas?
  3. No more questions.. just thought number 3 was cool..
Thanks
Bleeds

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey there.. thanks ahead of time..

This rom is FAST...

I have a couple of questions..

1. Does this ROM have a toolbox of goodies like some of the others..?
  2. Whenever I put my X in my hip holster, it switches it to CAR MODE. I have searched everywhere but cannot seem to find the spot to disable this.. Any Ideas?
  3. No more questions.. just thought number 3 was cool..
Thanks
Bleeds

1. There are scripts available that do the same basic things as the other toolboxes. Check out the apex wiki for more details.
  2. There's a magnet in your holster, motorola puts a magnet sensor in the phone so it can tell if you have it in their car dock. I think you could remove the carhome.apk(not sure if name is right)
  3. 3 does make more sense than just 2, good call :)

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
my Fellew Apex users

are these themes gonna be compatable with the new ROM update?...
i'm DL'in the watermark theme and i wanted to see if won't run into problem i go and install the new verison and still wanna have this theme...

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
my Fellew Apex users

are these themes gonna be compatable with the new ROM update?...
i'm DL'in the watermark theme and i wanted to see if won't run into problem i go and install the new verison and still wanna have this theme...

I haven't seen any details on the new version, besides some screenshots of the ghetto toolbox, but I'd say that current themes will most likely not be compatible.

One thing that commonly changes with a new rom release is the framework, lots of tweaks go on in there. This also happens to be the root area for all themes since the system-wide graphics are in there.

Updating themes from one rom version to another isn't terribly difficult, so I wouldn't worry too much, I'm sure either the original designers or someone else will port them over.

asaunders

Reaction score
Fab is FAB!!! I may be the Noob here in this thread but jeezus dude, this ROM thing is the best. I'm highly additcted now...lol Going to download this GBTheme now. Thanks again, Bro.

JWellington

Reaction score
Yes, it's a great ROM. It's the one I kept coming back to. It has the prefect amount of blur.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk