Themes For ApeX 1.4.x (2/21/11)

XDRDX

Reaction score
Port GB Red Theme

Any chance someone could port the GB Red Theme from Liberty?

Here is the link "http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...heme-red-gingerbread-theme-liberty-1-0-a.html".

Actually I went ahead and ported the framework images from the drawable-hdpi folder myself. (Just the ones that needed to be.) I have attached the Framework in a update.zip format.

To install boot into recovery, install zip, choose Apex_Red_GB_Framework_Only.zip and choose install. Reboot and you should now have the theme. I have not modified any of the XML's or Animations.

Reaction score
I have the orange theme on apex 1.3 now, but I want to try the watermarked theme. Can I just put it on over the orange, or do I need to clear everything?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kramerica

Reaction score
I have the orange theme on apex 1.3 now, but I want to try the watermarked theme. Can I just put it on over the orange, or do I need to clear everything?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I normally just clear my cache first and have not had any trouble installing a theme over another by just doing that. I of course could just be extremely lucky or have never noticed that something didn't work. :)

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
Thanks!

Awesome! I love the ApeX ROM, currently running 1.3.1 on my X. I plan on trying the rest out.

PACanesFan

Reaction score

Here is the link "http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...heme-red-gingerbread-theme-liberty-1-0-a.html".

Actually I went ahead and ported the framework images from the drawable-hdpi folder myself. (Just the ones that needed to be.) I have attached the Framework in a update.zip format.

To install boot into recovery, install zip, choose Apex_Red_GB_Framework_Only.zip and choose install. Reboot and you should now have the theme. I have not modified any of the XML's or Animations.

Can you give some directions on how you did this? I've been trying to port a Galaxy theme, but all I've been getting is a bunch of bootloops and force closes. I've read some instructions online, and tried following them, but nothing has worked.

XDRDX

Reaction score
I opened both with 7zip and extracted/dragged out the images into folders from the drawables-hdpi I then compared which images I wanted to replace to the original framework inside of 7zip and made sure the names were correct. Then trial and error. Do not zipalign or re-sign it either.

kramerica

Reaction score
Watermark'd Battery Numbers

Is there an "easy" way to remove the numbers from the battery icon on this theme? Can you replace the battery icon's without the text in the framework?

If so, does anyone know if there are Watermark'd themes with battery icons without the text (percentage)?

UPDATE: I was able to take icons from droidpirate.com (thank you Justin) and modify them to this theme using Ninjamorph. I did leave the text on the 10 and 5 percent battery icons as a "visual" for the emergency of low battery. If anyone wants them, let me know.

3a4yI7aTiY

Reaction score
Can you give some directions on how you did this? I've been trying to port a Galaxy theme, but all I've been getting is a bunch of bootloops and force closes. I've read some instructions online, and tried following them, but nothing has worked.

I have that problem when I installed a SuperGB theme for GummyJar on apex 1.3.1. Can anyone port that theme to apex Rom?

PACanesFan

Reaction score
^ I did manage to get my theme to boot. It had the proper icons, but a lot of the text wasn't the right color and blended into the background. I think that may involve editing XML files, which I am totally clueless.

And not to mention my mother bought a Fascinate. If I want to see the Galaxy theme, I can go over and visit. Lol.

droidxchat

Reaction score
hey guys, I've been overseas for the past 20 days with no laptop or data connection of any kind (crazy huh?)

i just got back, and am switching to liberty rom so i won't be providing support for any of my apex mods. sorry i never got around to finishing the tron port.

if anyone wants, feel free to edit any of my mods over here, sorry again

IamMark

Reaction score
Hello all. Absolute total newb here. I recently rooted and installed ApeX 1.3.1 for my Droid X, and today I installed the NexTheme theme. However, my launcher icon (between the phone and browser icons) does not look like what it does in the screenshot on the first page of this thread. Is that launcher icon supposed to be part of NexTheme, or do I have to get it installed by some other means?

Thanks!

Rami98

Reaction score
Is there the linear theme or at least the font for it for apex. I loved its clean font but I disliked liberty so I went back to apex. I would like the font from that theme please. And also I would like a link to the stock droid x keyboard with the red highlights for 2.2 because I can't find it except for 2.1 which makes it look all screwed up.
Help would be appreciated
thanks.

SRVBluesman

Reaction score

Anyone interested in porting a FULL Red GB theme? Thank you XDRDX for your Framework, but I'd love a full Red GB theme (Gmail-Screen Lock-Volume-Browser Indicator are most important). I've done some searching and there seems to be an interest if someone wants to port it--it also could be something else other than GB--RevolutionRED would be sweet.

Last edited:

bhavlo

Reaction score
If I install a new theme, does it clear my home screen(s) setup?