Themes and such. Help please.

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Okay, so basically I rooted my global, been experimenting with oc/uc and now I am very interested in getting into my first theme. So I am looking for all the info on getting them, installing them, using them, and also removing them. The more info I can get the better!

P.s. I am wanting a black notification bar like crazy!!

sent from my rooted d2g using droidforums app

OP
slimpirudude

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Bump

sent from my freshly rooted droid 2 global using droidforums app

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Basically, theme installs are just .zip files that you flash through Clockworkmod. All themes should have installation directions included with them. You can only use themes for whatever rom you are on though, for instance a liberty theme wont work on fission and vice versa. Just look around, theyre on here. To remove you have to either reflash the stock rom or sbf (very very easy to do).

OP
slimpirudude

slimpirudude

Reaction score
To remove you have to either reflash the stock rom or sbf (very very easy to do).
How would I do this? Just curious.

I have droid 2 bootstrapper and have made a backup of it but is that an actual complete system backup? That I can use to go back to regular after flashing a theme or rom? A "nanoid" backup?

Also, although my global is rooted, I am wanting to take the next step with customization. Basically I am curious if I can install a theme on my stock rom? One that has a black notification/drop down list? I am interested in this, and also learning about Roms backups and everything regarding these topics.

Thanks.

*sent from my rooted d2g using droidforums app*

kickyindahead

Reaction score
To remove you have to either reflash the stock rom or sbf (very very easy to do).
How would I do this? Just curious.

I have droid 2 bootstrapper and have made a backup of it but is that an actual complete system backup? That I can use to go back to regular after flashing a theme or rom? A "nanoid" backup?

Also, although my global is rooted, I am wanting to take the next step with customization. Basically I am curious if I can install a theme on my stock rom? One that has a black notification/drop down list? I am interested in this, and also learning about Roms backups and everything regarding these topics.

Thanks.

*sent from my rooted d2g using droidforums app*

to my knowledge .. yes .. a nandroid backup is a full system back up .. ive got several on my phone ranging from regular out of the box stock rooted to fission 2.4.3 rom and themed .. and liberty 2.0.1 which i currently use the most .. as well as diet droid rom backed up .. unfortunately with my bad memory in my old age i have had to write down what each back up was since i learned the hard way that you just cant rename the back up .. lol... dont ask .. i think the bubbly hit me a lil too hard that day .. anyway .. keep asking questions and researching .. thats the only way to learn.. theres lots of intelligent people on this forum that are willing to help

mreyn3693

Reaction score
Huh, weird. I have renamed all of my nandroid backups. I did so after running into the problem of having about 5 and not remembering which was what. Everything seemed to work fine. Is there a reason you say you can't just rename them? Just curious.

kickyindahead

Reaction score
I don't know it just didn't work for me... maybe what 13th says is the issue... I really don't know the exact answer but im gonna go with what 13th says

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums