Themes and ROMS?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by primus454, Jul 11, 2010.

1. primus454

primus454 New Member

Can anyone explain to me why some themes don't work with some ROMs and others do? If they all manipulate the same files I would figure they should work.
  2. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

thisis due to changes in most roms

They all have slight differences in framework and some may have files in different folders, or like the MOst of the Froyo roms they changed file names alot.

Im sure there's more to it than just this but for the most part thats the biggest changes that cause some themes to not work correctly on some roms.
  3. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

My Best Explanation:

A ROM is like a dog. All dogs are different lengths and sizes. A theme is like a silly sweater that grandma knits for the dog. Now, each sweater needs to be knit to fit the dog it was made for. If you try to put the big sweater on the small dog, it might fit but it wont work quite right... and if you try to put the small sweater on the big fat dog, it won't work at all!
  4. UltraDroid

UltraDroid DF Super Moderator Staff Member

LOL! Yeah, the dog/sweater analogy is a good way of explaining the thing that has always bugged me (a non-techie person): why can't I just install any theme on ANY rom? Your explanation kind of makes it easier to understand.

-Mike