Themes.....am I missing something?

Adrozz07

Reaction score
Everytime I try to install a theme it opens Terminal Emulator, downloads an update zip, then when the download says 100% it keeps increasing the file value of the download while saying complete and never applies anything. It just stays in TE.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

T-Dev

Reaction score
It will say 100% for a while, usually the themes are around 16 MB. the % calculator doesnt get it right :)

Once it gets the full file it will reboot and install. If nothing installs you can boot into recovery and install the update.zip file that was downloaded.

If oyu have any problems stop by the irc and we wil be happy to help you out

OP
Adrozz07

Adrozz07

Reaction score
Ah, thanks for the info, I think I aborted around 10M or so, figured it was a glitch, ill run it again.

listenman20

Reaction score
yeah 16-20MB on 3g will take a while, wifi takes a few. you can still see the file size change after it reaches 100%.

mjh68

Reaction score
None of the themes apply for me. I have wifi on, it says it installs 100% reboots and nothing. Any suggs ?

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea the percentage calculator is something built into busybox I can't really fix that but yes the themes range from 16mb to around 21mb

Mjh68 what recovery are u on? It only automatically installs if you are on clockworkmod recovery all other recoveries u have to apply the update.zip by going to that option in ur recovery and then rebooting. So when u get to recovery just select to apply update.zip and then reboot.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ultimateD1

Reaction score
I can't get any theme to install... the only thing that happens is the magic takes time window pops up and it will sit there for hours...

listenman20

Reaction score
I can't get any theme to install... the only thing that happens is the magic takes time window pops up and it will sit there for hours...

check to make sure usb debugging is turned on and try again. if that doesn't do it please come by the irc for more real time help.

OP
Adrozz07

Adrozz07

Reaction score
All is working for me, running inception right now, thanks again for the info guys, and I hope the rest of you get it working as well. Great ROM Gflam, and great themes. :)

ultimateD1

Reaction score
Wicked! Great stuff listen man that was my problem! Wicked thanks.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I am still having the same problem with themes and animations.
It just does not seem like when the script runs that it connects too the server.
So unlike in 1.3 watching it connect and then dl, this one just waits after commands and waits then reboots to recovery but there is no update zip.
And the recovery image is legit and using cw. So then I have to reboot after cw reports the error in not finding update zip.

T-Dev

Reaction score
I am still having the same problem with themes and animations.
It just does not seem like when the script runs that it connects too the server.
So unlike in 1.3 watching it connect and then dl, this one just waits after commands and waits then reboots to recovery but there is no update zip.
And the recovery image is legit and using cw. So then I have to reboot after cw reports the error in not finding update zip.

1st thing I would check is your USB debugging is turned on. Are you on wifi or 3g? which theme are you on? be easiest to stop in to the IRC and we can walk thru what is happening for you.

thx

xionglydius

Reaction score
Im having the same issue. noob question but where do i look to see if usb debugging is on?