Themers Should Port UD Versions

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by RonsHome, Jul 3, 2010.

1. RonsHome

RonsHome New Member

I know some ppl dont support UD, I understand the history.

I am a habitual Flasher lol. I try em all. Right now UD Xtreme 2.0/2.5 is it.

Anyway I dont see alot of Themers porting to UD.
    I mean, while I understand you dont support the man behind it there are alot of ppl that use it.
    These same ppl are part of the Android Community too and you should support them.
    You guys have a product and make it available to the " major markets " so to speak but neglect UD users.
    UD has a Major Mrket following and Themers would get a better ROI.
    They andI would appreciate this alot and be more compelled to show you guys appreciation.
    Just me wondering ...
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Since DF no longer supports blackdroid, your best bet is to join bd's website and ask there.

Probably won't get much a bite here as links pertaining to anything UD are not allowed.
  3. RonsHome

RonsHome New Member

Got it.
    Thanks
  4. Cornholieo

Cornholieo New Member

censorship

DF sadly is becoming more and more like China. Piss off a few people and you get banned. Can someone tell me if there is another Android blog which treats each ROM the same as any other. So "he who must not be named" did not give proper cred... after observing how many on this blog responded and acted... I don't care. Censorship and the damned spam for taptalk (when accessing this site on my Droid) is really getting annoying.
  5. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Take that drama somewhere else. Did you really just compare a forum to China? I disregarded the rest of your post after reading that ridiculous statement. Have you ever heard of the real world? Take a look past your monitor and through the window.

There are MANY other options out there if you don't like this forum.
  6. Cornholieo

Cornholieo New Member

Yes I do know about the real world... I am married have two kids, own 4 Macs,have a Droid wife has an I phone. Just found out I get to keep my house. I have lived through trials and tribulations so yes I do know the real world intimately.

So besides BD, I don't use his ROM which ones would you suggest? I want news and info about all of them... which was the original reason I have used DF so much. Learned to root here. I just don't care for the spam nor the censorship.
  7. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ummmm the poster asked a simple question dude, don't be so stuck up about stuff. RonsHome, I am a themer and I made a theme for BD's ROM eXtreme 2.5.0 (also have past verison on my site), I think that BD is a nice guy and an incredible worker. My theme is called Luna Theme and you can get it HERE.

By the way "links pertaining to anything UD are not allowed" is kind of a weird statement because it's not true. This is an android forum. Even if BD has been kicked that doesnt mean we cannot talk and problem solve for his ROMs. I only theme for UD and I have a direct link to my theme and BD's website on my page. Be helpful, not annoying...
  8. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

Guys lets please stop the bickering. Blackdroid did the right thing and returned the DF dev device and has made his peace.

If you support or don't support his work is your personal choice but to fight and bicker over his work is childish and pointless.

Please gentlemen lets put this thing to bed. He's done the right thing and members are encouraged to discuss any developers work that they support. Droidforums is for EVERYONE to enjoy and nobody's should be berated for supporting one devs work over another's.

Lets work on coming together and stop the infighting. Lets stop the drama surrounding blackdroid once and for all and move on. We were the ones burned in this whole mess and if we are able to move on so should everyone else.

Please guys lets stop this and get back to just having fun and sharing information.

Thank you.

Sent from my Droid
  9. RonsHome

RonsHome New Member

Thanks icculusX, I have used your theme before and its beautiful. I just like
    trying new themes and ROMS out. Are you making a new one BTW...

I wasn't trying to start things up again I was just curious to why themers would neglect porting Themes to his ROM when it would benefit them and the people.
    Its like but not really lol ... A hat maker wont ship hats to bald people in, lets go with China again..Thats ridiculous I must say but I hope you get my point.
    I assume Themeing is part hobby/art/business ? Right?
  10. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

11. RonsHome

RonsHome New Member

This the way to go.....:)
  12. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

so we are allowed to link his work now???because according to miamis post we werent allowed because miami said bd stole a device but if he returned it we should be allowed to link bd work right?

13. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

I'm going to let the owners (danDroid/johnDroid) weigh in on this. Unfortunately it's not my decision.

I shall defer to them.

In the meantime there's no reason not to discuss the ROM.

Enjoy
  14. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

thanks ck!!!

15. Highflyin128

Highflyin128 Guest

I stick with the UD rom's...His IRC chat on blackdroidmod.com is proven invaluable. Awsome support!!!!
  16. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

IRC's can be a good thing, and a bad thing. Mwhartman knows exactly what I'm talking about... Glad he has turned the other foot, but I'm content with my Sapphire :)