Themeing with Eclipse + ADT Plugin...

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by TheSwaggeR, Apr 30, 2011.

1. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

Does anyone use Eclipse Galileo to theme all of the apps in /system/app, framework-res, and service.jar? What about just themeing a single app with Eclipse Galileo?

I have everything set up perfectly but I've been using Eclipse Galileo to do app development but it has capabilities to allow you to load up /system/app, framework-res, and service.jar from a custom ROM so you can theme it.

I haven't been able to figure out how to load up all of that, or just a single app. I followed up on an instruction from another site but I only got as far as finding the APK, but it wouldn't allow me to pick out the current Android version to run it on. Like on 2.2 or 2.3. It ask you to pick out your current version, that's running on your phone, so you can test it out on Eclipse's SDK and AVD Emulator.

I rely on the Emulator a lot so I can run the modified configuration on it to see how it looks and if it runs properly, even though I have the console that tells me if there is a problem.

Any help would be good so I don't have to revert back to using a bunch of programs and scatter my work all over the place and lose track of it while themeing a ROM.
  2. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

I appreciate all the help and responses here!

Guess I'll go figure this stuff out on my own like usual and make a tutorial for other new people and show them MYSELF how to do this stuff.
  3. Trenton

Trenton New Member

Theres some nice themeing forums at xda and android.net....i think xda has the "themeing bible" out something like that....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  4. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

I don't need the themeing bible. I know what to do to theme. I just need to understand how to load a whole theme or just an APK onto the Emulator through Eclipse since there is mentions that it is capable of doing that. I believe it. I've been developing an APK through an Emulator on Eclipse. Only problem is, for some reason I can't load the same thing up and put an APK or whole theme on it so I can change stuff.
  5. Trenton

Trenton New Member

You could install the apk on your phone and check it out that way? ...its probly faster too. The emulators are slowwwww...is there any reason you need to use the emulator to see your themed apk?

Do you know of the irc chat rooms? I forget the exact names but something like #androiddev and #themedroid
    @
    Irc.freenode.net

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  6. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

Actually, the Emulator would be faster. It is already set up, once modifying XML's, themeing as you go or whatever, all you have to do is hit Run Configuration. Takes 10 seconds for me to see the new changes on the Emulator.

Sent from a different galaxy in space...
Search tags for this page

adt color theme

adt eclipse color themes

adt eclipse themes

adt theme eclipse

adt themes

android adt themes
change adt theme

eclipse adt changing application theme colors

eclipse adt color theme

eclipse adt set theme

eclipse adt themes