1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Themeing an X2

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Development' started by xkape, Aug 14, 2011.

1. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

OK,

So, my OG Droid took a turn for the worse ( a trip to Chicago and going to Lollapalooza in the rain may have played a part) and I got myself an X2. I am in the process of rooting it now, just waiting for the SBF file to finish downloading. If any of you know who I am, you know I know how to make themes. However, GB and X2 are way different than Froyo and a D1. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Questions I am seeking answers to:

1) Do I still use apk manager to decompile/recompile?
    2) Do 9png files play a big role like in froyo or am I just looking at png files?
    3) Is it just the framework.res.apk file or is there more to it?
    4) Since the bootloader is locked, is there a different process to installing the files?
    5) Does anyone have a blank template file for update.zip's? Or, do I need to make one?
  2. MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ New Member

My 2 Cents, I'm Aware That UOT Kitchen For Themes Needs Both framework.apk And SystemUI.apk.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  3. Sandso9

Sandso9 New Member