[Themed ROM] Smoked Glass w/ White Clock

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by AdamZ, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Thepunkinator

Thepunkinator Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the ideas but I fixed it lol. I've been playing with it too long. I just had 2 copies of the file and when I cleaned it out I deleted the wrong one so I wound up loading the other version. User error which it is most of the time :)

On another note...yeah the blue is interesting. I'll probably be going back tomorrow lol. Now I'm off to get Pandora (smoked glass) on here. I've had horrible luck getting that to work for me. Thanks again.

2. jbg25

jbg25 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    dumb question...I appologize if this has been asked...but I just could not find this in the many many pages I did read....

Will I need to recreate my better cut icons and re-layout my home pages? If so...could I save my better cut icons and shortcuts to my SD card?

3. Red5LTr

Red5LTr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, the phone had been rebooting for the last 20 minutes. Looks like it wants to start and then re-boot. again and again and again. I guess I'm gonna have to restore to factory. Will this remove the ROOT that I've done?

4. kompost07

kompost07 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So im still needing an answer on why a Rooted Droid will not reboot in recovery mode or wont successfully complete a data wipe/factory reset. Anybody?

5. kompost07

kompost07 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok but if im skipping all the recovery steps then why would I need to do a restore?? Im just a little lost, dont mean to be a bother

6. jbg25

jbg25 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    The answer to my own question is yes...your better cut icons are preserved (along with your widgets and everything else...assuming you do not overwrite your data.

And mad thanks to Adam for such a great ROM!

7. scribes200581

scribes200581 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me how to get my clock to look exactly like the one in the screenshots of the original post?

Beautiful widgets right? I can get really close, but weather is on the right, not centered, i cant get it transparent, etc.. I must be missing something.

8. kompost07

kompost07 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good and Bad

So i FINALLY got the smoked glass to install by following all the steps, got my backups installed and finally realized how important they are. The first time i booted without restoring the data from my old ROM so i got a look at the Glass Rom by itself and the messaging keyboard was different with swype and a few other things. But then when i went back to restore the data, the keypad is back to normal now. I kinda liked it the other way, any fix?

9. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    from home screen

menu/settings/keyboard/check swype and uncheck android

10. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad you got it to work! As my idea was sorta a last resort and probably would be more time intensive lol! Enjoy! :icon_ banana:

Nope factory restore will should not remove root. I've done is quite a few times attempting to install some of the 2.1 ROM's and have always had root.

Not really sure what's causing it but did you install the android SDK to do terminal commands? You might be able to by-pass the reboots by manually telling it to reboot in recovery:

type in
    Code:
    adb reboot recovery
    That should automatically reboot your phone and give you the recovery screen.

No problem, restoring is how your going to get the ROM onto the phone. It's kinda like tricking your phone your restoring you backup (which you decided to skip) but installed a different backup with all the customization in it. Restoring is used a means to get all the customized ROM fils onto your phone's system.

11. kompost07

kompost07 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well Im really confused on why it wont even factory reset. But obviously it rebooted in recovery at one time because we got it to root. Im at a loss and hoping somebody out there has a solution. I will try the SDK when i see the phone tomorrow, is that something that can be done with Terminal Emulator??

12. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, SDK/ADB installation is done on the computer. Basically you'll be connecting the computer to your droid so that you can send it commands. it's a really handy tool and can be a life-saver, not to mention I find it easier to input cammands in; because if your droid ever...Let's say...constantly reboots itself and won't go into Recovery manually, you can just force it to do it from the computer. I just hope for your sake that you don't need to enable "USB debugging" on the droid first.

Installing the SDK/ADB was a PIA for me but google has provided installing instructions on it's page SDK page.

Search tags for this page
bulldroid v3
bulldroid v3 download
bulldroid v3 rom
mega-glassrom blue
motorola droid smoked glass rom
smoke y glass android mega

smoked glass

smoked glass 4.1
smoked glass rom
smoking clock theme download