[Themed ROM] Smoked Glass w/ White Clock

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by AdamZ, Jan 23, 2010.

1. jbg25

jbg25 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey guys....

Been on the fence for a while. But finally took the plunge again. This time I rooted manually, and have had no problems (knock on wood). I am so much happier having done this manually...and think it is so much easier than it seems.

I am rooted, with sp recovery 0.99.3b, and busybox. I have done a complete advanced nandroid backup...and am finally ready to try the Smoked Glass v 4.1.

My question is this...since I am installing this fresh from OEM 2.0.1, and I already have the newest recovery...when I do the adv restore to the ROM...I just check off system and boot only. Right?

Also, once that is done...does my data stay? or do I have to restore that after the ROM is installed?

Thanks,

2. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great job! I always admire people doing it manually as you always learn a lot from it!

To answer your question yes all you need to do is check the system and boot options.

Your data will not be erased unless you check data or did a wipe/factory restore.

Good job and good luck!! After all the installing flashing ROMs isn't really all that complicated lol, I feel so much more confident now after rooting and installing everything manually using adb commands on the computer.

3. jbg25

jbg25 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I completely agree....embarrassingly enough...this is because I learned the hard way. Used a "helper" to root and install a ROM several weeks ago, and was not happy with the results. And since I did not do it manually....I did not know to double check for a complete backup including restore...lets just say it did not end well. LOL

Anyway...thanks for the confirmation...now I just need to get up the courage to do it. :icon_eek:

4. scribes200581

scribes200581 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Is 4.1 already overclocked to 1ghz? I installed smoked glass 4.1 1000

i downloaded setcpu and i set the min/max to 1000. what do i change the other settings in setcpu too? like cpu governor, etc.?

#917 budmonster, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
  6. Thepunkinator

Thepunkinator Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I've been checking out different ROMs and I've come back to this one. Something weird though. I installed the blue version (notifications, etc.) but nothing is blue. I double checked files and such and everything is correct. Has the file changed in this thread? I've read most of it but I didn't see anything about it. Any info, help, advice etc. would be great. Thanks!

7. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I usually set mine to ondemand, as it follows more accurately to your profiles (i think lol I'm not an expert at governors). But check around the forum there are quite a few post with what people are setting their profiles to and what all the governors mean
    You probably check alreayd but just to make sure can you confirm it says "blue" in the nandroid folder your restoring from?

8. Thepunkinator

Thepunkinator Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah. I even cleaned out my other ROMs just to be safe. Hmm, maybe I borked something on the download/copy. Who knows. I'll try the download again and see what happens.

9. Red5LTr

Red5LTr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed the Smoked Glass 4.1 and now all my phone does is REBOOT all the time. It looks like it's done and it reboots again.

Any suggestions as to what is going on?

Thanks

John

10. Big Lou

Big Lou Member

Ratings:
    +0
  11. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm...in that case not really sure what's going on, might be good to try downloading it again. And if you're really desperate for the blue you could do a full backup of everything, wipe cache/factory restore, Restore the ROM and confirm that it's blue and working, then go back and restore JUST DATA from the full nandroid backup you made. Not sure it's worth it IMO lol the blue version hurts my eyes lol
    Are you sure it's rebooting? Is this the first time you installed this ROM. Take note that this ROM takes quite a long time to boot for the first time.

12. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1

Did you do a backup before. If not go int sprecovery and backup data. Then do a data/factory reset, and then do the restore of /system and /boot from this rom. After that is done, restore the /data from your backup.

Search tags for this page
bulldroid v3
bulldroid v3 download
bulldroid v3 rom
mega-glassrom blue
motorola droid smoked glass rom
smoke y glass android mega

smoked glass

smoked glass 4.1
smoked glass rom
smoking clock theme download