[Themed ROM] Smoked Glass w/ White Clock

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by AdamZ, Jan 23, 2010.

1. G8orDroid

G8orDroid Member

Ratings:
    +2
    [release]Launcher2 Ported to 2.0.1, v1.1b *UPD 2/08/10*

I tried it, and I like the buttons, but couldn't put up with the the FC's and such.

2. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Not quite the same launcher tho...kinda looks ugly imo.

3. wctaylor79

wctaylor79 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Fix for the home screen going to 2

Simply done starting with:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/22738-corrected-launcher2.html

Pushed that and got it running. Removed the launcher2 from ROM, and got this one going. That gave me the 5 screens with screen 3 running home. You can stop here and still have the hotkey for phone and browser and you can long press to see all 5 screens or, use AdamZ theme pack v2 (AllDroid - View topic - [Theme] Smoked Glass *Updated 02/08*) and had to alter the launcher2 name to match theme pack which is actually Launcher2 with a capital L. Metamorphed and now you have the 5 screens, with 2.1 launcher, home goes to screen 3, and it has the dots that show you what screen you are on. So far running smooth. Only issue is in landscape when the keyboard is out. Sometimes force closes there, but hit home and go back to app draw and works. It does have the half screen app draw though in landscape only. Hope that helps.

UPDATE:
    Well went to alldroid to post this and found this.. another option to convert the launcher and correct the issue. Credit to TheMarkness:

http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=311&t=1556&start=670

#903 wctaylor79, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  4. Aaron636r

Aaron636r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great, thank you. I just didn't read quite far enough on that post at alldroid.

5. Aaron636r

Aaron636r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like I have some reading to do. My gallery is only pulling my picasa web albums and nothing from my SD card.

6. kompost07

kompost07 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also, im having another issue with a fellow droid. We rooted the phone and we were playing around with getting new apps and roms. However now that i have downloaded BB for his phone, the phone somehow does not reboot in recovery, it just freezes when i try to boot in recovery. Any suggestions?

7. kompost07

kompost07 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Error 21

to add to the list of issues, when i was making my nandroid backup, when i went to restore it failed everytime because of error 21. The very first time i added BB i didnt create a nandroid backup, i just want to add smoked glass without any of this other crap.

8. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  9. jrod2183

jrod2183 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else' phone running noticeably warmer with SmokedGlass 4.1 (blue) o/c at 1ghz? The same settings with BB have my phone a little bit cooler... thoughts/suggestions/snappy responses all welcome...haha :icon_eek:

10. kompost07

kompost07 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's user error and has nothing to do with the rom. Take the space out of the folder name.

Okay, but what file name is it talking about? The new ROM im wanting to go to, the old one that im leaving, because i dont see any spaces in either of these places. It seems like these fool proof guides always seem like they are going to help, and i follow them to the T but they never seem to work out. I just want to get rid of BB and install smoked glass, thats all i want. No nandroid backups or anything else.

11. jrod2183

jrod2183 Member

Ratings:
    +0

kompost, did you try the instructions I posted for you from a few pages back(I think page 90)?

12. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just follow the instructions Adamz posted in the first page and skip all the backup steps.

Just do an advanced restore of boot and system and uncheck the data part to keep all your data and then reboot.

Search tags for this page
bulldroid v3
bulldroid v3 download
bulldroid v3 rom
mega-glassrom blue
motorola droid smoked glass rom
smoke y glass android mega

smoked glass

smoked glass 4.1
smoked glass rom
smoking clock theme download