[Themed ROM] Smoked Glass w/ White Clock

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by AdamZ, Jan 23, 2010.

1. DroidOwner

DroidOwner New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    TEH SAVIOR OF ALL ROMS!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:motdroidhoriz::droideris::icon_ banana::motdroidvert::motdroidhoriz::droideris::icon_ banana::motdroidvert::motdroidhoriz::droideris::icon_ banana::motdroidvert::motdroidhoriz::droideris::icon_ banana::motdroidvert::motdroidhoriz::droideris::icon_ banana::motdroidvert::motdroidhoriz::droideris::icon_ banana::motdroidvert::motdroidhoriz::droideris::icon_ banana::motdroidvert::motdroidhoriz::droideris::icon_ banana::motdroidvert::motdroidhoriz::droideris::icon_ banana::motdroidvert::motdroidhoriz::droideris::icon_ banana::motdroidvert::motdroidhoriz::droideris::icon_ banana::motdroidvert::motdroidhoriz::droideris::icon_ banana::motdroidvert::motdroidhoriz::droideris::icon_ banana::motdroidvert::motdroidhoriz::droideris:

2. psygkosis

psygkosis New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is anyone else having video recording issues?

I have super clear video....when it works. 9 times out of 10 though it locks up in pixelated blotches for several seconds at a time, the video won't save, or it becomes unplayable after saving, only playing back the audio.

If so, anyone have a solution?

Otherwise, I lilke this ROM a lot. Stable, fast, and slick looking.

3. fortyseven05

fortyseven05 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i cant find anyone else with this problem on here... i downloaded the rom... put the files where they needed to go, rebooted my phone in recovery, recovered it with smokedglass, then went to boot it...and....it just keeps restarting. the M will pop up like its supposed to, then itll turn off and start over. no nexux x or anything. so i tried to go back and restore it to the backup i made right before i started all this, and it just hangs on the M forever. no restarting, no DROID logo or eye...nothing. i really dont know what to do about this. i tried wiping everything and starting over, but i dont know if i did it correctly...someone please help me =)
    i think my phone is fine, it just needs to be put back on the right track...

4. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my video quality is SUB Par by far. my old LG Env 2 and 3 had far Superior video / photo taking abilities.

9/10 out of 10 my video locks up and won't save
    when its playing the video is clear but then I get those artifacts on the screen thus ruining my video.

I think it has some thing to do with the HQ video mod they are including in the ROMs

-=Jason=-

5. AZDroid09

AZDroid09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont use video real often, tried it after seeing this and, yeah it is completely useless! I will be having family visit soon and will want video. Is there a way to get the original video recording back but keep the rest of the ROM?

6. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was in my living room and my wife was holding our 3 moth old son, he was making noises , kinda like "oooouuuuuuhhhhh" my wife would copy him and the game went one. it was very cute and I wanted to capture this moment as it was very precious. well I pull out my droid turn the camera on, switch to video, hit record , try to save it and it just sits there timing out. I try again to record and the end result was.

choppy out of sync audio and hieroglyphics / artifacts for video :(
    I think I might look into one of those HD video recorders Flip or what ever they are called.

-=jason=-

7. AZDroid09

AZDroid09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't want another device to lug around, video worked fine with the stock video recorder. I will just have to go back to stock if needed.

8. phenley

phenley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's bizarre everyone is having such issues with the video because mine has been working absolutely perfectly ever since I've had this rom, even with all the updates. I wonder what is causing such a discrepancy

9. J5311

J5311 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry I'm not up to par with some others that are on this site, but as many others really I have started to learn. I think I did a good enough job getting the Roms on. But how do I wipe? I thought you wouldn't have to wipe everything like the directions say. I was following the directions. And I dont understand how its not clean if all I did as follow the directions.

10. nzone

nzone Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just tested video since I dont use it much either and it works great. I did several test and the quality and playback was perfect. So wonder whats going on here.

11. Floatingpi

Floatingpi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem with video. Its with the recording of video for long periods of time, you can see it on any device after its recorded. Sometimes its fine other times you can see the problems. I am thinking the rom change to 9 mb/s bitrate and 26 fps might have caused the problems.

12. rrrrrrredbelly

Ratings:
    +0
    Havent read through all 88 pages, sorry if this has been posted. installed this last night, my home button takes me to screen #2 (2nd screen from left). Is there something in the settings so the middle screen is the default home screen?

Thanks

#876 rrrrrrredbelly, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
Search tags for this page
bulldroid v3
bulldroid v3 download
bulldroid v3 rom
mega-glassrom blue
motorola droid smoked glass rom
smoke y glass android mega

smoked glass

smoked glass 4.1