Theme won't install!

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by satriani72, Sep 27, 2010.

1. satriani72

satriani72 New Member

I have tried a few different themes from Smoked Glass to Nextheme and none of which seem to change anything on my phone. I read somewhere to try flashing SPRecovery then back to clockwork again and still no dice. Anyone know whats going on here?
  2. lee__D

lee__D New Member

could you be more specific about how you went about installing these themes. it would help everyone troubleshoot
  3. satriani72

satriani72 New Member

I just downloaded the zip file and used rom manager to install it by selecting a rom to "install from SD card". I even tried to boot into recovery and apply the update manually and still nothing
  4. lee__D

lee__D New Member

did it say install failed? or anything to that effect?
    whilst in recovery: did u pick "apply update.zip from sd card"? or did u scroll through and pick out the specific file?
  5. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

This is why I use SPRecovery...zero issues
  6. satriani72

satriani72 New Member

I went in and selected the file. It was on the root of my SD. I have applied themes before and never had any issues. This installation was much quicker than a usual install tho. It said successfully installed however and rebooted as it normally does, but none of the changes took effect
  7. benhar

benhar New Member

I'm having the same problem, also using SPRecovery...
  8. Droid DOES!!

And Androzip? I've never had a single issue flashing anything with that combination.
  9. benhar

benhar New Member

No, never used Androzip. That's a file manager, right? In what way do you use it for themes, copying and renaming the zip file?
  10. MissCz

MissCz New Member

satriani72, I missed this thread. Sorry for making a duplicate. Glad I'm not the only one suffering theming woes.
  11. Droid DOES!!

Yes, its a file manager. I also use Root Explorer when I need access to the data/local folder (boot animations). This WILL sound more complex than it actually is!
    •Download the desired theme
    •Open Androzip. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see the .zip files. (Make sure there are no other ones named "update.zip".
    •Open the Downloads folder and find the file you just downloaded.
    •Longpress the file and select Move
    •Press the Back hard key (bottom of phone, beside menu)
    •Then hit Move Here (top right corner of screen)..the file is now on the root of your SD card.
    •Longpress it again and select Rename. Rename the file to "update.zip" (NOT "update.zip.zip").
    •Boot into SP Recovery.
    •Make an Advanced Nandroid Backup and name it something simple ie. "Stock SS" (Don't make the name too long or it won't work) and press enter.
    •Select Backup Now after you select Backup Data and the others that are unchecked.
    •When that's done, select Install from the main menu (may have to hit the power button to get back to this screen).
    •Select Allow Update.Zip Installation
    •Select Install Update.Zip
    •When that's done, go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now.
    The theme should be applied when you boot back up. First boots can take a few so be patient.
    If you have trouble, Gtalk me at ksbdad06@gmail.com
  12. offconrad

offconrad New Member

I'm having the exact same issue installing themes over bb5. I have installed numerous themes in the past using both clockwork and sprecovery and am fairly familiar with both, however now when I attempt to install a theme, with either recovery, I get the installation complete message, reboot fine, but no changes whatsoever. I have tried to flash both recoveries, numerous times, but nothing. What am i doing wrong?
  13. Droid DOES!!

What themes are out for BB v0.5?
  14. Dan_08

Dan_08 New Member

I had to go into manage applications, then Clear Data and unistall then download, after that flashed SPRecovery then back to clockwork then did the install from SD

Not sure which part of all that made it work but that's how I got it to work for me.
  15. benhar

benhar New Member

I finally got it working! I used Androzip (which I like much better than Astro) and made a backup with SPRecovery before installing. After playing with it a little, I think the difference is that you have to make a backup before the theme will install, though I'm not sure why that is the case.

Thanks for the help! Now I just have to figure out how to keep the theme from overwritting the stock brightness patch, or vice versa...
  16. satriani72

satriani72 New Member

So I decided to try and reflash BB v0.5 and reinstall the theme and I got it to work. Didnt wipe data or cache on the reinstall and before changing kernels or anything else, installed the theme first. Worked as it should and then switched kernels. Hope this works for you!
Search tags for this page

android theme wont install

zip avada theme won't install