OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hey guys. Just an update.

Someone mentioned that there was an issue with two status bars...this is correct. The reason is because the iphone one is gray, but...I wanted it to be black....or transparent. I wanted the regular notification bar to be transparent as well....and in achieving this...it would cause some scrunching when unlocking the screen...and this was causing lag/skips in pandora (which I listen to A LOT), so I deleted the one causing the skips and pauses...and it reverted my statusbar back to smoke color.

I am working on this issue as I type, as well as putting together some new icons for certain apps that I felt were lacking an aesthetic appeal.

I am holding off release until I resolve the notification bar at least...and will be removing some uneccessary .png's to make the theme more compact....while still retaining its appearance.

Thanks for your patience and complements. As for miren browser...you can delete the miren browser icon in /data/system/theme/icons and delete the one for miren...reboot...and it will replace the background tile to black.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Kuro2 is up. I named it 2 because it was a lot of work for me and I created some custom icons that took me forever.

New features are:

1. Transparent status bar, no more skips or pauses with pandora or readjusting of the homescreen when unlocking.

2. Full transparent lockscreen, unlock highlight is white.

3. New Icons for (google search, navigation, setcpu, rom manager, browser, email, market, gtalk, phone, market, and email) Created these myself...and will update some upon request, Im not that great with photo editing, but Ill try my best)

4. SMS/MMS favorites, conversation, and recommended are all themed now for a more solid black appearance.

5. a hidden feature (well, kinda lol) you will notice when you use the theme. Its pretty obvious. I will likely be putting in more little surprises with future updates.

Thank you all for your patience. Enjoy the theme. Donations are not expected, but are always welcome! :).

Last edited:

aamzalag

Reaction score
i dont get the hidden feature haha? i am using the new version 2.0 but am slightly confused :( but great work haha great theme

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am updating again.

I have included lots of new custom icons for the common apps I use.

Enjoy!

Kurov2.1 uploading now.

Also, I found this morning that I get skips and pauses on pandora...It is not theme related. For some reason I get pauses...possibly related to the fact that the music controls do not function with pandora. I have no issues with any other media players. Ive always had quirky things with pandora though.

Hidden art is in lockscreen pressed.

also will try pull the framework for D1 miui and see what changes I can make...and try to get a circle battery mod, transparent slider/phone answer background with only illumination (like my lockscreen), and some other neat little features. Im not committing to it at the moment, but I will play when I have time. Been kinda busy and my woman hasnt been happy with me since I stayed up till 3 am last night finishing this theme. lol.

Last edited:

stlcity

Reaction score
Yak..awesome theme buddy..love the progress so far. undoubtedly the best theme so far for the miui as per my opinion. One request though: could u post the wallpaper from the orginal version. Loved it better than the present one..(black wallpaper with "kuro" at the bottom)

Also quick question: when I try to change the wallpapers only the default miui wallpapers are listed. There are no themed ones..just wanted to make sure that I am not missing anything..thats all.

Again thanks for the theme. Keepup the good work bro.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes the ninja is default. My next update will include the preview. I will also change back to the android Kuro wallpaper. Ill post it for you

Sent from Miui - Droid - Kuro

estafusisx

Reaction score
It won't let me download... it keeps saying download unsuccessful on my phone (haven't tried my computer yet)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It won't let me download... it keeps saying download unsuccessful on my phone (haven't tried my computer yet)

try now. Reuploaded.

BlackDiamond

Reaction score
Awsome Work..the Update is AWSOME!!!!!! I love the new icons, looks great keep up the Great work!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Just now installed MIUI with this theme. EXCELLENT work!

Looking forward to watching this theme evolve.

A+++++++

tlpalmer01

Reaction score
donation coming your way for your hard work....my favorite theme....great icons.........

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
New update again. Sorry...I know I keep updating a lot, but its getting to where I want it. I have put a lot of work into each and every little detail.

Whats new on Kuro v2.2? well...A LOT. you may not notice much, but trust me...the very minute detail is there.

PLEASE REMEMBER>>>AFTER YOU BOOT...Leave your phone alone for a couple minutes...let it adjust....this is a very detailed theme...lots of .png files and changes.

1. New status bar icons, debug, usb, sdcard, bt, gps, vibe, sync

2. Default wallpaper previews corrected for default lockscreen and wallpaper, you can use the original Kuro wallpaper if you want, its posted on the OP.

3. Camera all black now. Didnt like that brushed aluminum.

4. New volume rocker icons for media, ringer, mute, bt, etc.

**5. New for those with circle battery mod flashed...theme is compatible with that, and includes the circle battery animations and overlay (flash Kuro2.2_CircleBattery)

6. Those without the circle battery....flash the Kuro2.2_Normal.

Too many other details to list.

I am also working on a circle battery mod optimized for the droid1 framework...so that your keyboard backlighting will work. I already have one that is optimized for D1, but kb backlight is not ready. Im holding off till its fixed.

***if you have flashed the Supercircle battery mod (which is for the Nexus), you will not have a working kb backlight...it is buried in Framework...and I am trying to work it out. This would be released as a mod, not an official MIUI flash, but...it WILL have to be flashed through recovery unlike this theme. Stay tuned. Im busy this week, but I will try to work on it when I have time. By then...the new miui will probably be released lol.

Uploading as I type.

estafusisx

Reaction score
Very nice! I got it to work btw