[THEME - WIP] 3 New Colors - More to Come

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by y0rk, Aug 22, 2010.

1. y0rk

y0rk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    [THEME - WIP] 3 New Colors - Updated 9/22

9/22
    Updated the links. New colors for widget packs. Added icons to the ADW themes, 34 in total now. I know 4.8 will release within the next day or so I'll go ahead and say I should not be very far behind with updates for 7 color choices. The Widget Packs, icons and stuff on the extras page will work now and for 4.8. The main theme pieces are waiting on the final released files from Chevy. New widget packs have transparent music app included if you want to check it out while you are waiting on 4.8.
    sneak peak:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9/09
    Updated themes to include the build.prop fix to stop Verizon OTA update downloads.
    Added Silver & Smoked Widget Pack

Widgets

9/05
    Added two more ADW themes to the set (Orange and Green) and fixed one of them. Apparently the one labeled white actually had gray icons but they have been updated now. The existing ones have been updated with additional FB and Twitter icons as well. Just extract the zip to your sdcard and install with Astro or Root Explorer. These will update or overwrite the previous version.

Icons

9/01
    No Orange yet, sorry guys, but I do have a couple new things to hold you over. I've made a couple changes to the existing packages as well.

I took the Google Search Bar out of the main package and put it in what I'm calling the Widget Packs for now. There is a widget packs for each of the 4 colors and they contain the Google Search Bar, The News and Weather Bar, and Facebook. Pictures Below. More will get added to these as I get them done. I decided to separate these in case some people don't want them or if anyone wants to mix and match colors. Installed like normal update.zip.

ss47bluetheme-update.zip

ss47pinktheme-update.zip

ss47redtheme-update.zip

ss47yellowtheme-update.zip

The main packages still contain the rest of the apps they had before but now they all contain a matching ADW Theme to go with them. I designed these to be able to redo existing icons for apps that I haven't themed yet. Anyone using ADW can apply the theme from inside the settings. This gives you a choice of using the matching ones or ones of your own. I didn't include ADW, but it's free from the market. If you haven't tried it out I would recommend giving it a look. There is also a zip with all of the ADW themes I've made together, you can extract them and install them with Astro or Root Explorer like a normal app.

I have also uploaded matching boot animations that you can install separately if you want. There is a copy of the original SS bootanimation in case you try one of these out and want to revert. They install like any other update.zip.

BootAnimations

I am going to say do a backup before you install any of the updated main packages. I put in an updated Market app and if it starts giving you FC's you will probably have to restore to before you installed it. There shouldn't be any issues but if there are you will know it on your first market app update.

If you install one of the widget packs with Facebook you will probably have to go into the settings and tell it to sync your contacts again if that is something you normally do.

I Have finals next week and after that I promise Orange and White/Silver will be top of my to do list. :)
    Enjoy.

8/22
    Getting all of these together to let out at once is taking a bit longer than expected so I'm going to let out what I have so far and update it as I can.
    These are based off the Simply Stunning 4.7 release and I don't think they will work on earlier versions. ( But I am working on packages for the earlier versions for anyone having trouble moving from 4.6-4.7)

These include the OTA patch that was released so if you haven't updated yet this should take care of it for you, if you have already patched this shouldn't interfere.

Included are visual/color modifications to the framework, settings, browser, contacts, dialer, desk clock, market, music widget, google search widget, power control widget, carhome app, and matching colors on the lockscreen. Fixed the Clock ScreenSaver and am/pm so they are the same colors. Made the statusbar info panels a more neutral color to help with those apps that still update with black text.

I'll be updating more of the apps and adding some more colors as I am able. Let me know what apps and colors you guys would like to see added next.

Here are the links and some screen caps to see what they look like. These are in update.zip format so download to your sdcard, (rename if you use SPRecovery), and install like normal. Do a backup just in case seeing as there are patch files in here too. There should be no reason to wipe data.

*edit* Battery Icons have been updated to match the overall colors.
    *edit* Updated pictures to show the battery color changes.
    *edit* Updated packages to include the OTA patch #2
    *edit* Updated battery icons colors for all. Changed wifi tether icons to b&w for all (so the blue won't be there in the other colors). Added status icons that were stock (speaker phone, mute)
    *edit* Updated packages, widgets, bootanimations, pics
    *edit* Included OTA update fix, added smoked widgets

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. TedWilliams

TedWilliams Member

Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
    Ratings:
    +0
    These look good. Any chance the battery icon color can match the overall theme?

3. y0rk

y0rk Member

Ratings:
    +0

Done! Same links, I'll update the pictures later on.

4. TedWilliams

TedWilliams Member

Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
    Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome, thanks dude. I didn't know if it was possible to change it or not, but it just seemed to stand out a bit too much when you look at some of the screens. Well done!

5. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Awesome work y0rk - THANKS!!!

6. Georgiafan0608

Georgiafan0608 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The red theme is sweet thanks!

7. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Those are some great themes. I particularly interested in the red theme. I may move over to SS4.7 so I can use it.

BTW, you make the Superuser app stop putting that pop-up on your screen by selecting a setting in the app.

Thanks and great job on the themes.

8. treefrog20012003

treefrog20012003 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any way to get an orange theme? Thanks.

9. firejuan

firejuan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I second the request for an orange theme

10. B-RAN

B-RAN Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the detail in the steering wheel having the Chevy emblem! Nice!

11. B-RAN

B-RAN Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I flashed this on my wife's SS last night and it looks great!
    Any way you could theme other icons as well? For example, camera, gallery, email, to name a few. I keep her home screen icons to a minimal and I like them all to match. Thanks so much yOrk!

12. nyghtryder_9

nyghtryder_9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lovin the yellow theme.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

13. y0rk

y0rk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx everyone for checking these out and thanx for the feedback so far.
    I updated the packages a little and updated the OP with the details. Hopefully Facebook, Twitter, Pandora and maybe a couple more will be ready tonight or tomorrow. Probably going to have those as separate add-ons so you can mix and match or just add the apps you use.

Thanx for the heads up, this lets me post pics of the pop up notifications at the same time. :)

Orange is on the list of ones I'm working on. Along with Green, White, and a couple others. Just haven't had the free time to get them complete enough to post. Already feel like these are lacking a lot as it is. Here is a peek...
    [​IMG]

The other icons will be coming as I make updates to those apps. The icons that appear in the app drawer and on the homescreen are located in the apps themselves, thats why they haven't changed yet.

14. treefrog20012003

treefrog20012003 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    These are amazing. Im running the red theme while I patiently wait for orange. Take your time and do a killer job. I'm a TF2 fan and an orange theme goes well with my wallapaer.

15. nyghtryder_9

nyghtryder_9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would it be posssible to do a chrome/charcoal grey type theme? I started to dabble into creating custom icons and that type of theme would fit nicely.

Search tags for this page
does nexus 7 come in different colours

what colors does the nexus 7 come in