[Theme] UD 3.0.0 NexTheme

themadgamer89

Reaction score
Does ne one no if there is a way to get the notification window to b see through like the nextheme from 2.5

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

VingInMedina

Reaction score
I like this theme a lot -- it looks nice and I love the transitions.

I tried to install the other themed apps (Twitter, GMail, etc), but when I run the apk file it tells me "Application not installed". Any idea what I can do to resolve this?

llt_droid

Reaction score
I like this theme a lot -- it looks nice and I love the transitions.

I tried to install the other themed apps (Twitter, GMail, etc), but when I run the apk file it tells me "Application not installed". Any idea what I can do to resolve this?

Did you uninstall the existing apps first?
I use GMail, Pandora and Facebook, so I first uninstalled them, then used Astro File Manager to go to where I had the new ones on sdcard and installed with no problems.

Rodeojones

Reaction score
Just installed this theme. Forgot how much I enjoyed NexTheme. I hadn't used it since the NexBeast ROMs that Fab used to put out before he got an X. Nice work, my friend.

Oh, and for anyone who might encounter issues getting the themed apps in the second post to install, make sure you uninstall that particular app from your phone first. Then reboot.

mdgmcse

Reaction score
Hey bp328i...glad to see you ported to UD 3. I felt bad asking you for updates to the CM nightlies, so I switched to UD 3 and can't wait to load up your theme...it's the best one out there. Did you do Twisted for this ROM also? I would like to check that one out on UD as well.

Thanks again man for porting this!

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
first off ide like to say always happy with the work, by far my favorite theme, specifically ide like to ask about the themed adw launcher that is usually used for the app drawer, you know the 4 squares with the one green one, not a huge fan of the dots, just not very nex themey, any chance of it getting themed for a later install?

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First off, sorry for taking so long to get back to everyone...I forgot to subscribe to my own thread...lol and thank you all for the compliments!!!

Hey bp328i...glad to see you ported to UD 3. I felt bad asking you for updates to the CM nightlies, so I switched to UD 3 and can't wait to load up your theme...it's the best one out there. Did you do Twisted for this ROM also? I would like to check that one out on UD as well.​

Thanks again man for porting this!​

Thanks
No, Twisted is not done yet but it should be by the weekend. I'm adding a lot to it :)

first off ide like to say always happy with the work, by far my favorite theme, specifically ide like to ask about the themed adw launcher that is usually used for the app drawer, you know the 4 squares with the one green one, not a huge fan of the dots, just not very nex themey, any chance of it getting themed for a later install?

Yep, I will be theming Launcher Pro Thursday night and will do ADW at the same time. In the mean time here is the icon I believe your talking about, save it on your sdcard then just long press the app launcher icon, edit it, touch the picture of the current icon then select picture.

Attachments

• ic_settings_applications.png
    ic_settings_applications.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 574

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks bp everything is super slick. Its been while since I've had the pleasure of running your theme.
Edit* oh snap! I didn't know he glow is themed too! That's awesome.
Edit** the animations look even better.

Boostjunky

Reaction score
bp328i, I have themed ADW to have green dots on the bottom, and also green background docks. I also themed the all_apps_button to the one you typically include in your NexThemed version. It is also fully zipaligned.

I'll post up the link for the apk, and you can use it as a base and modify it however you want if you'd like.

It is the newest version from the market, and not one that came out of another ROM. So, it is signed, and it will require re-signing it if you decide to theme it beyond what it is currently themed to.

ADWLauncher_NexThemed.apk

OP
bp328i

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks bp everything is super slick. Its been while since I've had the pleasure of running your theme.
Edit* oh snap! I didn't know he glow is themed too! That's awesome.
Edit** the animations look even better.

Thanks,

Yes, I themed the glow...lol...at first I did not then when I flashed the theme I was like NOOOOOOOOO that's not good looking at all and fixed it right away.

bp328i, I have themed ADW to have green dots on the bottom, and also green background docks. I also themed the all_apps_button to the one you typically include in your NexThemed version. It is also fully zipaligned.

I'll post up the link for the apk, and you can use it as a base and modify it however you want if you'd like.

It is the newest version from the market, and not one that came out of another ROM. So, it is signed, and it will require re-signing it if you decide to theme it beyond what it is currently themed to.

ADWLauncher_NexThemed.apk

Thanks, this will save me a lot of time. I will add the link in the second post with all the other themed apps.

edit: got it working

Glad to hear you got it working. :)

VingInMedina

Reaction score
Thanks for the information about removing the apps first. Got the themed apps installed.

I have been noticing a problem on my phone with background application going away (I use Screebl for example) and widgets not updating (clock on fancywidget and battery monitor). So, I am going to back out the theme just to make sure that it isn't causing this issue. I don't think it is, but have to check everything.

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
awesome, really appreciate it, is the link for the adwlauncher_nextheme.apk something i can d/l and install using apk installer or is it something used for the theme dev to use?

Boostjunky

Reaction score
awesome, really appreciate it, is the link for the adwlauncher_nextheme.apk something i can d/l and install using apk installer or is it something used for the theme dev to use?

It's an .apk file. Just download it, put it on your SDCard, and install. But make sure that you uninstall ADWLauncher first if you already have it installed from the market. After uninstalling it, reboot the phone, then re-install the themed version that is on your SDCard.