theme tutorial

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by tiggerxplur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur New Member

i wanna start theming my own apps and framework and i found this tutorial

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/14220-full-walkthrough-how-theme-droid-2-0-1-a.html

i did understand the metamorph part and tried the orther way to push pandora to system apps and didnt work also this was posted in january is it outdated?? and is there another tutorial anywhere?? i cant seem to find one

also does anyone have a stock template for the framework res and im not sure if i have busybox im running jummys .8 remix
  2. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur New Member

well i found out how to get the apk running with root explorer did realize i had to name it just "pandora.apk"

i would still like the stock framework res folder though if you have it you can send it to my gmail just pm for it
  3. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

What rom are you running currently? The framework files are different depending on the rom. Also, you should learn (if you have not already) how to install the Google SDK tools and get ADB set up on your computer. This is almost essential to any themer. It makes testing parts of your themes EXTREMELY easy... and if you eff up its just as easy to fix it.
  4. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur New Member

i have jrummy .8 remix with nex theme thats why i would like the stock one and i have the sdk but not sure how to use it same with adb(dont think i have that installed)
  5. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

OK dude, you can either download a clean copy of that jrummy version and pull the framework-res.apk out of the ZIP, and that should be a clean framework I believe. If not you can always serach for a stock framework, but then copy the PNG files into your jrummy framework (the XMLs from jrummy might be important to keep).

To set up SDK and ADB check out this page HERE. Its pretty simple. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll try to help. I know my way around most theming stuff, but I am not too good at the technical parts like setting up ADB...
  6. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur New Member

well i did everything in that tutorial untill it got to the commands (i dont think i need to do that) so now how would i use the sdk to see what i have done to the apps i have edited