1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Theme to new theme question

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Nalco, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Nalco

Nalco New Member

I am pretty sure I know the answer to this, but thought I would ask as I am pretty new to all this.

I have BB .3 running, and installed the new Smoked Glass theme.

I would like to try out the the new NexTheme, and was wondering if I have to wipe, reinstall BB .3 and then install NexTheme, or can I just install Nextheme right over the top of the Smoked Glass Theme.

I would imagine that if I installed NexTheme over the top of Smoked glass, NexTheme would apply, and that anything that NexTheme didnt theme, the Smoked Glass theme would remain.

Make sense??
  2. raidzero

raidzero n00b. Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

That is exactly correct. I would personally suggest wiping though because themes are not just images, some can contain changed binary files that tell the OS where to find certain images for certain things and by mixing them up you could end up with a screwed up disaster with the wrong images in the wrong places.

I say try it your way first and if it produces an f'ed up mess then wipe and try again ;)
  3. Nalco

Nalco New Member

I took your advice, and just wiped it out. Seemed quicker than experimenting to see if problems arose.

I am starting to get good at this. Gets easier every time.

Thanks!