Theme The Pop-ups

g_what

Reaction score
Is there a way to theme the pop-ups for received text messages?

I'm currently on 7.8, and the pop-up screen has a light gray background with white letters. It's very difficult to read. I have messed with Compatibility Mode, and that didn't do anything. I have tried a few different themes for the messaging app as a whole, and none of them change the pop-up colors (I've only tried 3, so maybe I'm just picking ones that dont change that aspect?). Any help will be much appreciated.

In case you are wondering, I had been using Handcent until today when I finally got fed up with it being so laggy all the time.

Daballa

Reaction score
+ 1, I'm on 1.7.15 and have the same issue. Browser tabs have a similar issue with black text on a black backround and some of the tabs in gmail could be contrasted more. I can't really complain through cause this rom has been a saving grace for my O.G.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

OP
g_what

g_what

Reaction score
+ 1, I'm on 1.7.15 and have the same issue. Browser tabs have a similar issue with black text on a black backround and some of the tabs in gmail could be contrasted more. I can't really complain through cause this rom has been a saving grace for my O.G.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD
I haven't tried out 7.15, but typically browser and email app issues are solved by turning on Compatibility Mode. Have you tried that?

Daballa

Reaction score

Sent from my O.G. DROiD
I haven't tried out 7.15, but typically browser and email app issues are solved by turning on Compatibility Mode. Have you tried that?

No I haven't, where might I find that setting?

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

Daballa

Reaction score
Is there a way to theme the pop-ups for received text messages?

I'm currently on 7.8, and the pop-up screen has a light gray background with white letters. It's very difficult to read. I have messed with Compatibility Mode, and that didn't do anything. I have tried a few different themes for the messaging app as a whole, and none of them change the pop-up colors (I've only tried 3, so maybe I'm just picking ones that dont change that aspect?). Any help will be much appreciated.

In case you are wondering, I had been using Handcent until today when I finally got fed up with it being so laggy all the time.

I recently found that applying the "naked simplicity" theme to messaging adds more contrast to messaging pop-ups, if that helps any.

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

OP
g_what

g_what

Reaction score
Settings > Programs > Manage Applications > All (tab at the top) > Browser (or email)

There is a button to turn compatibility mode on and off.

Daballa

Reaction score
Settings > Programs > Manage Applications > All (tab at the top) > Browser (or email)

There is a button to turn compatibility mode on and off.

Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my O.G. DROiD

OP
g_what

g_what

Reaction score
You're welcome. Glad to help. :)

Now, is there anyone who can help with the original issue?

OP
g_what

g_what

Reaction score
I have updated to 7.22 and I am still having the same issue. Any help will be much appreciated.

OP
g_what

g_what

Reaction score
I'm just bumping this cause nobody has said anything and I'd really appreciate some ideas.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

chewy74

Reaction score
Is the pop up connected to the text style in the themes settings? If so apply the naked simplicity theme under text style. Or try applying the dark genesis theme.

My pop up background is dark with white text and very visible. Give those 2 themes a try and see if that works

20110801_222554-picsay.jpg

OP
g_what

g_what

Reaction score
Is the pop up connected to the text style in the themes settings? If so apply the naked simplicity theme under text style. Or try applying the dark genesis theme.

My pop up background is dark with white text and very visible. Give those 2 themes a try and see if that works

OP
g_what

g_what

Reaction score
I have the Text Style themed, but I don't see anywhere to theme the popup.