"Theme" Status Bar / Pull Down Mods

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Been following the release thread an I have seen a a lot of "black bar" requests. While I have not had the pleasure of running the original black bar ... here is something I threw together. The font in the screen shots is not included (sorry, something else I was working on) I am open to suggestions/requests at this time!

Attachments

• sapphire-2.0-BlackStatusBar.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 511

Tsusai

Reaction score
<3
That is all.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I want that font....what's the name of it?

Tsusai

Reaction score
I don't know if this is a bug, but my if i have a ongoing download, its solid black (download/update from market for instance). Progressbar mode or w/e.

attachment.php

Attachments

• snap20110102_215019.png
    snap20110102_215019.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,761
OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I don't know if this is a bug, but my if i have a ongoing download, its solid black (download/update from market for instance). Progressbar mode or w/e.

First off, didn't even think anyone was using this LOL!

But yeah, that would be a bug - and now that I see that I would imagine you're getting a similar black-on-black issue with the current call notification. I'll get to work on fixing these ...

Tsusai

Reaction score

First off, didn't even think anyone was using this LOL!

But yeah, that would be a bug - and now that I see that I would imagine you're getting a similar black-on-black issue with the current call notification. I'll get to work on fixing these ...

Well, you have a customer. I don't care for the animations of Tank's, and I like the gradient (idk if thats the right word) background of the menu. Its simple and I prefer that.

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I am glad you like it ...

It may be a day or two before I can get to the fixes, but I'll get to them ASAP. Sorry!

jason6g

Reaction score

I am glad you like it ...

It may be a day or two before I can get to the fixes, but I'll get to them ASAP. Sorry!

I dont believe this is a *bug* persay...

Since this is going over a default installation, one will need to go into (from the homescreen) menu>settings>gem settings>Userinterface tweaks and adjust the following colors to ##ffffffff (white)
-clock
-date
-carrier spn label
-carrier plmn label
-ticker text
-item title
-item text
-item progress bar text
-item time

reboot the phone, and enjoy!

note: for ease of use, i apply as follows:
go to change the clock color, use the text field, backspace away and enter in #ffffffff (8 f's)
long tap on the text field
choose copy all
flip the keyboard out
choose date
hit alt+del on the physical keyboard (delete all)
hit menu+v on the physical keyboard (paste)
tap on the now white circle
repeat for the others

shameless plug, feel free to steal some icons and whatnot from my framework:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cvpcs/110911-theme-galaxy-s-sapphire-2-0-a.html

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I dont believe this is a *bug* persay...

Since this is going over a default installation, one will need to go into (from the homescreen) menu>settings>gem settings>Userinterface tweaks and adjust the following colors to ##ffffffff (white)
-clock
-date
-carrier spn label
-carrier plmn label
-ticker text
-item title
-item text
-item progress bar text
-item time

reboot the phone, and enjoy!

I tried this hoping to get lucky, but no dice. I believe there is something in the vending.apk I need to edit - the initial download in the pull down (where you see the progress bar) is black text on black background no matter what I set the GEM settings to. Thanks for the input though, was hoping it was gonna work :tongue:

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I would have thought that would correct it as well ...

Yeah, I was hoping that "Item progress bar text" would do it ... but nope! Did some more playing around and downloaded something with the browser and had the same black on black issue, so I guess it's not in the vending.apk after all :dry:

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yank, that text is in the DownloadProvider.apk. its easy to find, there is only one xml in the layout folder...lol...

Sent just before I "Blacked Out"

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
OK - with many thanks to ecsnead69 as well as jason6g (who was right all along :)) I got this all figured out.

Turns out that the notification title text is what shows up when things are downloading. So, obviously with it set to black there was an issue. I re-worked the pull down to all black to resolve this ... if you prefer the gray background with black text I may be able to get that to work as well. Figured I'd post this first and see how it goes over.

The screen shots as well as the .zip in the OP have been changed ...