1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[THEME]RZ Alien Darkness-green/dark *56K make a sandwich*

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by raidzero, Sep 24, 2010.

1. raidzero

raidzero n00b. Theme Developer Premium Member Developer

Alien Darkness
    update.zip download:

UPDATED 9-24-10
    http://www.rzroms.com/droid/theme/alien/RZ_frg22d_Alien-update.zip

* Now hosted on my own server, so I can track and you don't have to wait ;) *

Bugless foreword: This was made for deodexed OTA frg22d stock ROM, but it obviously works just fine on Bugless Beast v0.5.. please enjoy and let me know of any issues. (Due to the nature of theme there will be some incompatibilities with some poorly-written market apps)

Original Post (from themes subforum):

It is my goal to produce the most extensive theme yet. I hope to eliminate all traces of any stock orange color. (there is one that I cannot get rid of, and that is the browser link selection. Nobody that I have ever found knows where that hides)

This theme will completely invert your phone's colors to white on black. This means that market apps that were not written to use framework theme colors have a chance of not displaying correctly. I prefer it this way so I have a uniform look across the phone. If there is a demand for popular market apps to be themed I will do it.

Thus far, the update.zip contains the following items:
    Browser.apk, CalendarGoogle.apk, CameraGoogle.apk, Contacts.apk, DownloadProvider.apk, EmailGoogle.apk, Facebook.apk, Gallery3DGoogle.apk, GenieWidget.apk, Gmail.apk, GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk, GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    LatinImeGoogle.apk, Mms.apk. MusicGoogle.apk, Phone.apk, Settings.apk, Talk.apk,Vending.apk, VoiceSearch.apk
    framework-res.apk, services.jar, bootanimation.zip

MAIN
    Screenshots (these are not mockups, these are actual screenshots - just need to finish porting to other ROMs)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ----
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

FACEBOOK:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ---
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    ---

I went ahead and made an SBF if you want to change your motorola logo from
    this:
    [​IMG]
    to this:
    [​IMG]

SBF here: http://www.rzroms.com/droid/theme/alien/RZ_AD-bootLogo-only-SBF.zip
    Stock bootlogo SBF here: http://www.rzroms.com/droid/theme/alien/MC1_A855_1283756080_BL-Logo-Only-stock.zip
    (these SBF's will ONLY replace bootlogo, the rest of the data on the phone is untouched.)

METAMORPHS:

Pete's original battery icon (with percentage text):
    http://www.rzroms.com/droid/theme/al...te_Battery.zip
    (MetaMorph for your pleasure.)

RZ+pete battery icon - same thing but white like my default icon:
    http://www.rzroms.com/droid/theme/al...tery-white.zip

FIXED APK'S
    Signed, uninstall your current APK's and install these via astro, adb, whatever you like. I have always just used adb install.

Fixed Handcent (apply black theme for uniform look)
    http://www.rzroms.com/droid/theme/al....nextsms-1.apk

Fixed Google Voice: (still cant change the account selection dialog at first setup but that's workable)
    http://www.rzroms.com/droid/theme/al...glevoice-1.apk

---

Thanks to the entire DF community for the help with this. Special thanks again to Xeudoxus for helping me with my constant n00bish struggles against dalvik bytecode (smali edits) and teaching me how to hex edit android resources as well as where to find certain elements.
    JesusFreke - for telling me how to swap methods in a class...
    Without them I would have never been able to turn this:
    Code:
    [SIZE=6][FONT=Arial  Black][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]      if-eqz v27, :cond_422[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6][FONT=Arial  Black][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]     .line 658[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6][FONT=Arial  Black][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]     const/4 v5, 0x0[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6][FONT=Arial  Black][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]     move-object/from16 v0, p0[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6][FONT=Arial  Black][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]     move-object v1, v5[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6][FONT=Arial  Black][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]     invoke-virtual {v0, v1},  Lcom/google/android/gm/CanvasConversationHeaderView;->setBackgroundDrawable(Landroid/graphics/drawable/Drawable;)V [/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

into this:
    Code:
    [SIZE=6][FONT=Arial  Black][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]      if-eqz v27, :cond_422 [/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6][FONT=Arial  Black][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]     .line 658[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6][FONT=Arial  Black][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]     const/4 v5, 0x0     [/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6][FONT=Arial  Black][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]     move-object/from16 v0, p0                 [/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6][FONT=Arial  Black][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]     move-object v1, v5     [/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6][FONT=Arial  Black][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]     const v1, -0xbfbfc0[/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=6][FONT=Arial  Black][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial]     invoke-virtual {v0, v1},  Lcom/google/android/gm/CanvasConversationHeaderView;->setBackgroundColor(I)V [/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

Wallpaper in screenshots here: http://www.rzroms.com/droid/theme/al...SparksMore.png -- (gimp creation, if you want to do something similar all I did was draw a bunch of sparks in a line and color them green, then do the same thing on a new layer and color them slightly brighter, repeat)
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  2. lee__D

lee__D New Member

theme looks great, your taste in music is even better
  3. raidzero

:) thanks a lot
  4. streetrod

streetrod New Member

Thanks man, looks great. Just what i was looking for. dancedroid
  5. trowa

trowa New Member

FYI it seems the brightness bug is affecting this. I was fine before I installed this theme but now it is stuck on max bright. Cycling through the brightness options on my power control widget does nothing. If I go into settings, display, brightness, sliding the bar anywhere does nothing.

Overall I love the color setup and it is nice to look at. The dim brightness fix may work on this but I haven't tried it yet.
  6. raidzero

The "brightness bug"? I will have to look into this. Brightness control works in the desk clock... hmmm...

I found out the cause of the brightness bug... its services.jar. Working on a fix, well to be correct I already installed the fix and it's booting now :) I will just silently replace the update.zip on my site :)
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  7. raidzero

OK brightness bug has been fixed, silent update is in progress, download again in about a minute
  8. trowa

trowa New Member

Wow dude that was a quick fix. Thanks for your hard work!
  9. raidzero

10. Airbot

Airbot New Member

Nice theme raidzero, thanks.

Any way to get the text on the widgets to show up? Like here when you pick the google search bar widget and it asks you to pick what to search. The text is white and unreadable unless you press on the selection.

View attachment 15910

And from the widget span with using stock ADW Launcher, numbers are white text again.

View attachment 15911
  11. Vertigo RT

Vertigo RT New Member

Just wanted to point out, And justice is the greatest album ever. Had to mention it. Carry on... lol
  12. raidzero

is this ADW specific? I cannot find this in my environment, on LP
    that looks like its part of the framework that I have never seen, I will look for that and make it black :)

thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: the second issue has been fixed and another silent update has been pushed to my site.
  13. Airbot

Airbot New Member

The pic of the widget span menu is part of ADW I believe, yes. The google gadget menu there is just stock for the widgets I think.
  14. raidzero

tell me how to reproduce it and I'll let you know.
  15. Airbot

Airbot New Member

Applied your newest update. The clock on the notification bar is blacked out now.

I actually liked the notification pulldown opacity. lol

Reproduce the ADW widget span menu, just pick a widget from long press on the screen and after any widget settings you set, like the google bar widget, the span menu should come up next asking to set the span, then the widget will be applied to the screen.
  16. raidzero

?? I just applied it and the clock is white, and the opacity is present

also:

[​IMG]

??
  17. raidzero

I might have some issues to iron out, it works fine for me

unjess by mistake I put the wrong services.jar in the update..

my mistake, I did indeed put the wrong services.jar in the update.. uploading again now.. this is what I get for trying to release theme for three roms after a full work day... :/
  18. Airbot

Airbot New Member

Hmm, not sure what went wrong then. Downloaded latest to sdcard, and applied from recovery. Clock is black and pulldown is solid black now -no opacity.
  19. raidzero

yeah thats my fault, its what I get for staying up late lol

download and install again.
  20. Airbot

Airbot New Member

Thanks. That's back to normal now. :)

Still the text problem with the google search. Besides with the widget, it's also with tapping on the bottom search button on the phone. Text is buggy. White in the text box with typing letters in, and search suggestions on the black part of the menu are not visible. Like inverted text in portrait mode.

I've got 4 or 5 typed letters in the box there in the pic..

View attachment 15912

Thanks for the fixes. Hope you don't mind all the feedback. lol

About all I can find so far.
Search tags for this page
alien darkness theme
aliens.thems.apk
alienware green and black theme
alienware red theme.apk

alienware theme apk

alienware theme.apk

alienware themes apk

green alien apk