Theme Request.. your request I mean.

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
You have to use the Color to Alpha function, and then get the color selection right to match the staus bar's color in order for the color to alpha to actually take...

Here's the transparent status bar in a metamorph.... just install using metamorph and only that will change in your current theme.... 'but' if you are using any theme that uses the -v4 in their drawable folders, then just extract the PNG from my MM zip and install your favorite way...;)

thanks you:icon_ banana:

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wait!!... I forgot to take out the locks in that MM... sorry...:icon_eek:

OK... you can download it now... I had used that MM to add something else to my current Droid and forgot to take out those images and leave only the status bar...lol

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
...ok... banana stop dancing haha

LOL... yeah, I had the bronze mini lock that you see in one of my screenshots above still in that MM, but it's out now... only the status bar in there ...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What theme do you have right now?... xkape's

CoFoltman84

Reaction score

its basically my own...its stock for the most part, i just changed a bunch of png's in the framework-res...most icons i pulled from the renovated theme (yankindasouth). and most of those i tweaked the colors to 00ff00 and B400ff (colors of my sig)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

its basically my own...its stock for the most part, i just changed a bunch of png's in the framework-res...most icons i pulled from the renovated theme (yankindasouth). and most of those i tweaked the colors to 00ff00 and B400ff (colors of my sig)

Cool.... then you can even do it without Metamorph... have fun with it...;)

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was in no way surprised it was Mbk who figured out the transparent noti bar..lol

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol... it kinda does look pretty sharp... probably will tinker with including it in a theme sometime in the near future...:p

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
for some reason it only works with live wallpaper...? Is there a way to get it to work with regular wallpaper?

Edit: I'm 99% sure the bar i made earlier would have worked if i knew it would only work with live wallpaper lol...

doomer4life

Reaction score
I think the chrome theme would be cool and i would also really like to see a steampunk theme

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am about 99% sure I am going to do the chrome theme. I was leaning towards yellow before I posted this thread. Chrome never even dawned on me and ever since the 1st person said it, I liked it.

Now, there is no hex code color for chrome so I am going to have to do some serious learning of GIMP2 to get this going. To make life easier I was thinking of running a script-fu for each image BUT, script-fu errors out on me. If anyone is familiar with GIMP and has pointers or link to good places to get chrome working, let me know. I will be looking into it myself as well. I'm pretty excited about the chrome idea. Making different versions with different color accents too. Once I get the chrome down, changing the accent color is as easy as 1,2,3.

OP
xkape

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok, here is a checkbox button... see what you think

Attachments

• btn_check_on_selected.png
    btn_check_on_selected.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 168