~~~THEME~~~ RENOVATED for SS5.2

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by YankInDaSouth, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Aerogrp

Aerogrp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Potential theme bug

I'm a new convert to SS from Bugless Beast and Charity roms and so far I've been impressed with the performance. Your theme is very nice (I like a clean look and an appropriate use of color) and would only suggest a few changes to make the whole package a bit more integrated (I find your battery icons hard to read and some of the font choices look out of place). Thanks for all the hard work!
    With that being said, I've noticed that when applying the theme to SS5.3 (the patched version to fix the car home rotation issue), it 'un-fixes' Car Home so it only shows up in landscape. If you could check it out and find a fix, I'd love to put the theme back on my phone. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to stick with the much less attractive and harder to read stock theme from Chevy.

Regards,
    Bri

2. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +266
    Hmmm ... I themed the patched version when it dropped, not sure why this would happen. I can take a look at it - you installed the unthemed patch?

The battery icon is not mine actually. It's haledroids (used by permission of course) - I only used it cuz stock GB looked real bad with the theme IMO. If you have a battery icon in mind let me know, if I like it i can include it in the theme.

3. Aerogrp

Aerogrp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Car Home

Right now, I'm using SS5.2 with the themed patch (making it SS5.3 according to the lockscreen). I'm doing backups now so I can try to apply your theme again and recover if it doesn't work.

I put the circle battery style icons back in over your theme the first time I tried it. Thought they looked better.

As much as I like the look of your bluetooth icon, it's too hard to detect the subtle color change that happens when it connects to my carkit while using it in the car dock. The original theme's combination of color and icon shape change was more effective for me. Maybe instead of the grey/blue icon color switch, you could try a yellow/blue combination.

Also, the font used on the dialer screen for 'Renovated' is very difficult to read (especially in red).

Again, nice work. Much better appearance than stock SS.

4. Aerogrp

Aerogrp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Car Home Rotation issue

Yank,

I've confirmed that applying the theme breaks SS5.3 Car Home rotation to a portrait layout. As soon as I put it in the dock, it launches Car Home right into landscape. FWIW, I'm using your theme in conjunction with your themed Launcher Pro. Any idea when you'll get around to incorporating the new version of Launcher Pro? It is such a big improvement in speed at startup and transitions between homescreens. makes SS seem super smooth. If I try to install it over your theme, I get errors that the install was unsuccessful.

5. YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +266
    Launcher Pro Update

Here is the Launcher Pro 8.5 update ... flash it just like a theme.

Attached Files:

6. YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +266
    See the above post for the LP update :tongue:

I will not be able to get to look into the car home issue until this weekend, but I will definitely get it done for ya ...

7. Aerogrp

Aerogrp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LP update worked great

Thanks for the fast response. The LP update installed and is working great. Now where did I put those battery icons.......

8. VingInMedina

VingInMedina Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I really like this theme, visually it is very pleasing and not garish.

I like the screen transitions animations that are part of SS5.2. Is there any way those could be included in your theme?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

9. juv3

juv3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey man i love your theme... i installed it and wanna keep it but i gotta question, is it me or is the theme killing my battery faster??? if so is there a way you can improve battery life or is there a kernel you recommend me?

10. YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +266
    I can't imagine a theme affecting battery life ... this theme is mostly image changes. I haven't noticed a difference, but then again my battery life has been terrible on GB in general.

11. juv3

juv3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey thanks for the Reply, here i found a Kernel by Chevy and it has the Smart ass option for it, in the performance settings... you should try it

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/135532-kernels-3-24-11-froyo-gingerbread-3.html

find it there