[THEME]~RELEASE~ **RENOVATED** for MULTIPLE ROMS

opquiros2

Reaction score
UD settings/notification bar change text color/then reboot/no effect

Apprazer

Reaction score
Yank, my experience with themes is that if something doesn't work, I will more than likely move on and not ask the developer to address issues. But your theme is so good that I'm willing to dig and help with a fix if possible. Again, I appreciate all that you have and will be doing with this theme. In my opinion, it is that awesome. However, the white text on white background is a big problem for me and maybe others that just don't want to bother you, willing to live with it or they just uninstall and move on.

One other thing that I observed. Like I said, UD has a notification panel tweak for colors on every item. When I changed everything to black (and that includes touching the color swab in the center of the picker) and rebooted, none of the text change, but the notifications in the status bar all change to black. So something is changing and working, it just seems contained to the notification panel.

Not complaining, not *****ing .. just offering my 2 pennies

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Yank, my experience with themes is that if something doesn't work, I will more than likely move on and not ask the developer to address issues. But your theme is so good that I'm willing to dig and help with a fix if possible. Again, I appreciate all that you have and will be doing with this theme. In my opinion, it is that awesome. However, the white text on white background is a big problem for me and maybe others that just don't want to bother you, willing to live with it or they just uninstall and move on.

One other thing that I observed. Like I said, UD has a notification panel tweak for colors on every item. When I changed everything to black (and that includes touching the color swab in the center of the picker) and rebooted, none of the text change, but the notifications in the status bar all change to black. So something is changing and working, it just seems contained to the notification panel.

Not complaining, not *****ing .. just offering my 2 pennies

Transparent. Pull Down

OK - I will look into this now! This would be a HUGE issue if it were happening to me. I had this issue during the testing stage and worked it out.I just downloaded both files and will start looking around at them.
Three ROMs with 2 versions for each got a little confusing, I may have uploaded the wrong files ...

alonsou

Reaction score
Apprazer,

Can you provide me with a screenshot of your issues with the colors?. I can help you figure that out... I was on the same bus as you.....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Apprazer,

Can you provide me with a screenshot of your issues with the colors?. I can help you figure that out... I was on the same bus as you.....

Here he is - the very tester that discovered this issue in the first place :biggrin:

alonsou

Reaction score
Ja ja.... I'll do anything right now ..... this meeting (where I am at) its killing me..... so far 3hrs on it.... Gggggrrrrr lol thanks Yank...

Apprazer

Reaction score
Apprazer,

Yes, I'll get the notification panel screenshot up shortly.

Apprazer

Reaction score
Three ROMs with 2 versions for each got a little confusing, I may have uploaded the wrong files ...

Totally understandable. I have trouble keeping track of the things in my little world. I can't imagine what it's like for a developer, that's one reason I'm so appreciative of yours and all devs efforts. :icon_ peace:

OP
YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

Totally understandable. I have trouble keeping track of the things in my little world. I can't imagine what it's like for a developer, that's one reason I'm so appreciative of yours and all devs efforts. :icon_ peace:

OK - I have looked at both .zips as well as the top secret one :biggrin: alonsou is running for me ... everything, well mostly everything :wink:, is the same and last I heard alonsou has no problems changing the text color. So, what I did was swap out (most of:wink:) the "guts" from that version to these two below. I hope this solves it for you!

Solid Bar=[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?6jswwrdmgst5b3f]RENOVATED-UD -TextFix.zip[/URL]
Transparent Bar=RENOVATED-UD-TransPD-TextFix.zip

Please let me know as soon as you can whether or not this worked for you. If it does I'd like to update the links in the OP before I head out of town tonight ...

Apprazer

Reaction score
Thanks bud....

No, thank you for any assistance.

Here's my notification panel. Please note, I'm running the transparent version for The UD 1.0 and I've gone into Settings>Ultimate Droid>User Interface>Notification Colors and for each individual color selection, I have them all set at #ff000000 or black (as far as I can tell). I then made sure the color took by pressing the color sample in the center circle of the picker. Then rebooted, several time since. My notifications in the status bar all changed to black, the text on my notification panel (I believe this is controlled by the Items Notifications selections) is white and on the transparent background you can see the effect. The Weather Bug and missed call notifications are impossible to read. I believe the Verizon Wireless text at the top is controlled by another UD tweak that I haven't tried just yet.

Apprazer

Reaction score

OK - I have looked at both .zips as well as the top secret one :biggrin: alonsou is running for me ... everything, well mostly everything :wink:, is the same and last I heard alonsou has no problems changing the text color. So, what I did was swap out (most of:wink:) the "guts" from that version to these two below. I hope this solves it for you!

Solid Bar=http://[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?6jswwrdmgst5b3f]RENOVATED-UD -TextFix.zip[/url]RENOVATED-UD -TextFix.zip
Transparent Bar=RENOVATED-UD-TransPD-TextFix.zip

Please let me know as soon as you can whether or not this worked for you. If it does I'd like to update the links in the OP before I head out of town tonight ...

Just downloaded, will apply and let you know. Thanks again for your quick response.

alonsou

Reaction score
I just changed the color of my notifications just to make sure it works.... I have nothing to complain.... so if Yank change the files correctly (which I'm sure he did) the new update files should work just fine.... let us know guys.. please....