[Theme Release] - "MURDER" for Chevy's SSx ROM

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
THIS IS FOR SSX 2.0 FOR NOW

I will start by saying thank you to Stetsonaw for the update.script and to sm00th0pr8r for testing this for me since I don't even have a DX... I blind themed this and got it right on the first shot, even with all the xml edits.. I've never themed the DX before but it went smooth so I'll port the rest soon.. This theme is an update.zip, not a theme chooser apk so it installs via recovery.. This is the remixed version that has all new button sets, phone dialer, dark pop up menus (no black on black), more xml edits and an animated statusbar pulldown (credit Alastrionia for the code).. I assume you can make a nandroid back up on the DX also so have one made or make one prior to modding your phone.. and I take no responsibility for you or your phone so flash this at your own risk (disclaimer)... I included my Kameleon apps as a seperate install but they applied perfectly for my tester and only need to be applied once since they self theme according to the Primary system text colors (Settings menu text colors) so if you flash these on a theme or ROM that has a white background with black text, you're gonna have some black on black issues so take precaution before installing these.. On my themes, they will theme themselves to match the color of the theme though... and on a white text rom/theme they're inverted but still look cool...They have new update.scripts so they work on the DX now.. I'm not sure if they work on other DX roms, tho.... I work my butt off making themes and helping themers out so I hope you enjoy my work and I'm lookin forward to porting the other 8 themes over to the DX.. Make sure you change the colors for lockscreen, deskclock and statusbar stuff in Chevy's settings... Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

1.a. http://bit.ly/MurderSSxDX MAIN THEME DOWNLOAD - Has an animated pulldown background.. it's experimental right now so flash at your own risk...

1.b. http://bit.ly/MurderSSXdxNoANIMATEDpulldown MAIN THEME - WITHOUT an ANIMATED PULLDOWN - Full theme but this one has a standard themed pulldown.. no animation..

2. http://bit.ly/KameleonGoogleVoiceandSearchDX Kameleon Black GoogleVoice and GoogleSearch - flash just like the theme in recovery

3. http://bit.ly/KameleonBlackMarketDX Kameleon Black Market 2.3.6 - Flash like the theme in recovery - *SHOWS UP AS BLACK MARKET IN APP DRAWER*

4. http://bit.ly/Kameleon154Facebookapk Kameleon Black Facebook 1.5.4 - Uninstall your old version and this installs like a normal app

5. http://bit.ly/KameleonBlackMarketDXButtons Remixed Kameleon Black Market 2.3.6 - Flash like a theme... this version uses system buttons to match it all up better!.. *not sure how this will look on anything other than my themes or a theme that has dark buttons... SCREENSHOTS AT THE BOTTOM

*INSTALL DIRECTIONS*

Since I don't have a DX I'm going off of what my tester said to do..

1. download the theme and move to the appropriate folder/or root of sd

2. boot into recovery and make a back up or if you already have a current one, just wipe cache and install theme

3. Enjoy your MURDERED phone.. :D

If these directions aren't correct or if anyone has any questions, hopefully a DX user can help me assist since I'm not familiar with it...

What's themed?
framework-res
Browser
Calculator - Kameleon Edition - Themed icon included
Camera
Contacts
DeskClock
Gallery 3D
GoogleQuickSearch -Kameleon Edition - Inverted by theBowers, themed and customized by me
GoogleVoice - Kameleon Edition -Inverted by theBowers, themed and customized by me

LatinIME - GB keyboard
Mms
Phone
Settings
SystemUI

Black Gtalk - By me and corinacakes (themed by me)
Black Gmail - Initially by ecsnead69, we fully inverted it together(themed by me)
Black Market 2.3.6 -Kameleon Edition - Inverted and themed by me - credits to ecsnead for the buttons and a couple other icons..
Black Facebook 1.5.4- Kameleon Edition - Inverted by theBowers, themed and customized by me

CAP201107051405.jpg
CAP201107051406.jpg
CAP201106292307.jpg
CAP201106292309.jpg
CAP2011062923091.jpg
CAP201106292312.jpg
CAP201106292304.jpg
CAP201106150047.jpg
CAP201107072133.jpg
CAP2011062923171.jpg
CAP201106032242.jpg
CAP201105261547-1.jpg
CAP201107072215.jpg
CAP201107072218.jpg
CAP201107111510.jpg
CAP201107111517.jpg
CAP201107111536.jpg

*The screenshots are from my D1 but my tester sent me a bunch of screenshots of the theme on his phone*

Last edited:

mapatton

Reaction score
I tried this on my DX, only flashed the main zip file after wiping cache and Dalvik cache. After the reboot I got a fc on the statusbar (com.android.systemui). Tried rebooting and it still didn't work. Restoring backup now.

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm waiting to hear back from my testers again... the animated pulldown might be an issue... unless Chevy has a themed and Unthemed version of this rom.. if so, on the d1 themes have to be flashed over the themed rom.. it has issues over the Unthemed rom.... and I'll add a new link in the OP that has the whole theme without an animated pulldown.... sorry for the issues tho...

Sent from the floor board of my Ford

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP updated with a second download link that doesn't have an animated pulldown...

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Alright cool!... glad ya like it.... :DD

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

clouse2013

Reaction score
i do keep getting an fc after flashing. said media processes has force closed. seems to be the market too. i will try again and see what i can figure out.

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Which one are you using?... the one with the animated pulldown is still beta.... but the 2nd link should work fine....

clouse2013

Reaction score
Which one are you using?... the one with the animated pulldown is still beta.... but the 2nd link should work fine....

yeah. its not the market tho. that ones fine. ill try the one without the animated pulldown. im still getting the fc.

OP
B-boy™

B-boy™

Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah the fc is annoying... if ya don't hit force close but just let it run, it usually downloads and installs apps, etc... that's why I made a non animated pulldown link also....