[THEME RELEASE] * EpicBlue n Bold for Liberty 1.5 or 2.0x - D2/D2G Only!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Man..finally decided to register, mainly to start giving input. However really wanted to find out why I am unable to get this EPIC BLUE going... great work btw...simply beautifu..

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Why are you unable to, and what ROM are u running? So long as you are on Liberty 1.5 or 2.0.x, it will work, just download and install through recovery. The theme in the ROM Manager is old, hence the reason it is giving you problems. Download the one from here.

Sent from 1885

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
+1 for blur camera. AOSP is ok, but seems to be missing some of the features and stuff that the Blur has (Panorama and location of picture).

The only thing I liked about the AOSP was the way the hidden panel comes out and clean UI. Blur's hidden panel seems to be a hit and miss sometimes bringing out the hidden panel. Oh, and the ability to zoom in was pretty nifty.

darkn3ss

Reaction score
The theme is awesome. I am new to rooting and roms. However installed liberty 2.0 and then 2.01 when that arrived. Always had the same problem though. Swype always does a forceclose when i install the new theme. (regardless of theme) Tried to install the new swype theme (SwypeBlueChrome) however it does the same thing.

I am not too sure what the update.zip method is. I tried and renamed the swype blue chrome file to update.zip and select that option in recovery. (yes, did mount system). Did use root explorer and deleted all traces of swype on my phone.

Also, second issue and I am pretty sure it is me missing something. The keys for the call dialpad are just white letters on a black background. No blue border. Is metamorph required for this?

Not asking just for the point blank answer. Just point me in the right direction and I will be happy. I like to know why something is doing and something and how it is doing it as well.

Thanks for all the effort that you put into this theme.

D.

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
If you have cycontacts or wycontacts installed that will mess up the dialpad. Have you you tried installing just the theme, which has swype in it. I can help fight it more later, out with the wife. Last option, wipe, install liberty, test swype, then install the theme.

Sent from 1885

darkn3ss

Reaction score
Ok, got swype working again, however it is the stock beta that you download. tried to do the metamorph version. no Dice. Guess it is time for me to bounce around and read on how to use metamorph properly. Doing a search now for the two contacts you mentioned. think i actually do have one of those on there.

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
The metamorph won't work as that's for when you have swype installed via the theme. What you could do is google the "Metamorph themes for Swype" and follow the instructions in there, and you can use the same metamorph zip, or you can get the bluechrome one toward the end of that thread.

Sent from 1885

Kimo91

Reaction score
Quick dumb question for the hour: do I need to first install the 1.5 version first before installing this new theme version?

if its not Boeing, I'm not going...Team Boeing ROCKS!!!!

ultrastigi

Reaction score
Thanks for theme. I use to switch themes nonstop now I stay true to epic blue (didn't mean to rhyme there). I havbt had the need to metamorph anything. I like it how it is.

Question though. Do you plan on doin any other color or just staying with blue?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

darkn3ss

Reaction score
I have tried several things, going to just wipe, reinstall liberty and start with a blank slate. Works wehn i do it with my pc every few months. why not my phone.

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Quick dumb question for the hour: do I need to first install the 1.5 version first before installing this new theme version?

Nope, this theme is the whole sheBANG! No 1.5 necessary, but doesn't have to be removed if it is there.

Sent from 1885

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Thanks for theme. I use to switch themes nonstop now I stay true to epic blue (didn't mean to rhyme there). I havbt had the need to metamorph anything. I like it how it is.

Question though. Do you plan on doin any other color or just staying with blue?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I don't plan on doing another color at this time. Hard enough to support 1 theme across 4 phones and 4 different ROMs!

Sent from 1885

Kimo91

Reaction score
Thanks stetsonaw, I have a followup question before I pull the trigger, in many themes thread I read about needing to mount the storage right after bootstrap and I didn't see any indication in your OP about mounting, so can I install it after I mount or don't mount?

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
No need to mount like in other themes (my previous version of the theme was part of that group).

Something to note, if you go to install a theme and it takes less than a second, then you need to go back and mount /system.

~Andy -- Sent from 1885

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I got tied up right after posting... yes I downloaded from that link already and it runs through fine and and says download complete, then the old theme still there... my many attempts have failed. I will keep trying. Something will give....thank you for your quick response.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums