[THEME RELEASE] * EpicBlue n Bold for Liberty 1.5 or 2.0x - D2/D2G Only!

loki993

Reaction score
So, to flash this we have to uninstall facebook and twitter or just uninstall them if they came from the market?

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Only uninstall them if they were installed by the market.

~Andy -- Sent from 1955

loki993

Reaction score
Up and running, all seems good so far, dont know if I like the launcher pro dock yet though.

One other thing is there anywhere that shows what all the different fonts in the fontpack look like?

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
There are a couple different docks in the theme, menu/preferences/appearance/docks or something like that, I have 3 in the theme and you can set a custom one if you want... google "launcherpro docks".

As for the fonts, google the font name, like "ariel true type font", or, open the zip on your computer, and open the font you want to see.

~Andy -- Sent from 1955

rystan11

Reaction score
What would be great now, is if u would throw this theme on liberty gb :)

That's what I meant :D

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
not a rom, a theme.

And i'm not gonna theme the GB version of liberty until it is released based on the official OTA that should be out soon. Sorry gents, but a lot going on at work with trying to move into a new position, and don't have time to constantly update it every time a new nightly comes out.

and work is the only place I do my theming, as my offtime is for family, golf, and other non-android hobbies.

loki993

Reaction score
So I flashed the themed market and I thought everything was fine. Ite been a day or so, today go to make a call and nothing. Ok the lines bad or something. So I call my stepbrother that's right next to me, I get no ringing, no sound. The call does go through, so I can make calls, but I have no volume. Speakerphone didn't work either. I flashed a backup I had and everything is fine now, but how could putting the market on cause me to lose sound from calls? So I'm not sure it related or not.

Ever hear of this?

Also the instructions for the installing of the market seemed backwards. They were Update.zip, install via recovery, mount /system. Is that how its supposed to be done? What does the update.zip do? Do I just use the one on my phone or do I have to find a new one? I thought it was maybe a mistake so I mounted the system and flashed it like any other addon and it seemed to work fine. I guess I did it wrong.

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Not sure what caused that problem, never heard of it.

And as far as the market install, calling it the "update.zip method" means to install it through recovery. Saying to mount /system is saying that you need to mount system when you get to recovery. Those aren't step by step instructions for right there, they just state what needs to be done, install via recovery by mounting /system.

If you had an update.zip there from something else, that may be what screwed it up. The above install method means that you:

Reboot Recovery
Mounts and Storage - mount /system
power button to go back
install zip from sd card
choose zip from sd card
navigate to your zip file (in this case, the market one)
select it
install

Basically, the same method of install as the theme, but adding in mount /system.

Since you put your recovery back on, install the Market using the steps above.

and fyi, for the future
Install "Slang" Terms

-Update.zip Method (described above)
-Install via Astro/installable APK (This means to just tap on the APK in your file manager (astro is free) to install the app
-Metamorph (install via a program called Metamorph from the Market [Metamorph Instructions])

loki993

Reaction score
Not sure what caused that problem, never heard of it.

And as far as the market install, calling it the "update.zip method" means to install it through recovery. Saying to mount /system is saying that you need to mount system when you get to recovery. Those aren't step by step instructions for right there, they just state what needs to be done, install via recovery by mounting /system.

If you had an update.zip there from something else, that may be what screwed it up. The above install method means that you:

Reboot Recovery
Mounts and Storage - mount /system
power button to go back
install zip from sd card
choose zip from sd card
navigate to your zip file (in this case, the market one)
select it
install

Basically, the same method of install as the theme, but adding in mount /system.

Since you put your recovery back on, install the Market using the steps above.

and fyi, for the future
Install "Slang" Terms

-Update.zip Method (described above)
-Install via Astro/installable APK (This means to just tap on the APK in your file manager (astro is free) to install the app
-Metamorph (install via a program called Metamorph from the Market [Metamorph Instructions])

That's how I installed it, I was just making sure there wasn't something else that I was supposed to be doing. Don't know, its fine now though. Maybe ill give it another try.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
not a rom, a theme.

And i'm not gonna theme the GB version of liberty until it is released based on the official OTA that should be out soon. Sorry gents, but a lot going on at work with trying to move into a new position, and don't have time to constantly update it every time a new nightly comes out.

and work is the only place I do my theming, as my offtime is for family, golf, and other non-android hobbies.
Even if you had the time, I dont blame you one bit. I wouldnt update daily either.

So I flashed the themed market and I thought everything was fine. Ite been a day or so, today go to make a call and nothing. Ok the lines bad or something. So I call my stepbrother that's right next to me, I get no ringing, no sound. The call does go through, so I can make calls, but I have no volume. Speakerphone didn't work either. I flashed a backup I had and everything is fine now, but how could putting the market on cause me to lose sound from calls? So I'm not sure it related or not.

Ever hear of this?
Yep, if you listen close you should be able to hear him very very faintly. I had this problem on my D2G but it has nothing to do with the themed market. In my case it was from removing headphones. Just try flashing the market again. If it happens again, try a reboot and see if that fixes it.

OP
stetsonaw

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I used that 3G icons through many iterations of my theme, but as soon as i found that fireball one, i changed it up. I like what you've got going on down below the notification bar, is that an ADW theme?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Yep it is. I think it looks great but I wish it had more icons.
https://market.android.com/details?id=mobi.addesigns.bluehoneymix
It has an icon pack for crazy home, but I am a bit upset with the dev for charging for the icon pack and here is why. ADW Launcher doesnt allow you choose all the icons from the theme. For example, if I wanted to assign the icon for PowerAmp to Mixzing, it is locked away and not accessible to do so. The icon pack for crazy home is pretty much just an unlocker allowing you to use all of the icons. I firmly believe the dev deserve the money for the theme, but to force you to pay for an app to unlock all the icons is just getting greedy imo.